• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No, no. It’s wrong whichever way you look at it. Just because whichever sky-dwelling fairy you choose to believe in said some ambiguous stuff in a book from millennia ago, that could possibly be construed as anti-homosexual, it doesn’t automatically make it wrong for people to love those they love. On such matters there can’t be any “seeing both sides” or “agree to disagree”.

The very fact that a multitude of religions exist calls their legitimacy into question. Love is love, regardless. The religion argument is only so prominent because the rampant homophobes that peddle it can’t think of a single other argument against letting LGBTQ+ people live their lives in peace.

Anyway, topic: Gueye seems an otherwise lovely fella and I wish him and his family all the best but I don’t support his signing. Not that it matters, like.

“it’s your choice”

i support it tho ;)

Still nothing to suggest that in the UK media. I think its going to happen, just not imminently because we play this weekend
Hope so,it's a syndicated radio station here has mentioned it twice today. Probably bollix from AS but who knows.

That's a very limited way to look at free speech there. So I have no 'free speech' when it comes to, say, private companies polluting the environment, alternative lifestyles such as polygamy, or the pros and cons of capital punishment?

I agree with some of the rest of your post. In this instance Gueye is not the problem. The problem is authorities insisting footballers take a political stance.
It isn't a limited view, it is a limited concept in legal terms. It is a protection against tyrannical goverment shutting down people who object. Calling out private businesses for polluting is fine, as long as they are polluting, otherwise it is defamation. Having lifestyle views is of course your right, 'Free Speech' in this sense is not the one I'm referring to. You can have any view you want but you are not protected from society's judgement the way criticising the government is protected. Know what I mean? 'Free speech' and free speech in this sense are different

Status
Not open for further replies.