Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if Onana reaches anywhere near his potential we will make a massive profit on him if/when we sell. Looks a shrewd bit of business to me.

Well if we spent the £30mil on 3 players for £10mil a pop who were 19/20 then I'd be all for that as well.

The risk is going to be higher because they're not as further along in their development or game time. But as theres 3 of them its a scattergun approach so you hope 1 becomes worth £30mil and you dont lose much on the other 2...or they stay around your squad.

Lille have done that for years and we'd just do it at a higher level. Of course its more difficult to break through in the premier league.

Our strategy of going for the £30mil player and overpaying before his value is such makes sense as long as its a proper 'sniper' type approach.

Both scattergun/sniper approaches can work but in our current situation its more prudent to overspend to have the greater chance of success (as you suggested).

Overall let's see how many players we have brought in for what net outlay. There is a big variation in the fee being quoted for Onana, but the payment terms are likely to be far more favourable than if we were buying from a PL club. He might end up as another Moise Kean, all hype, but not being a forward the risk isn't as great.

I'm genuinely surprised at this transfer, and the players enthusiasm for joining us, but it feels great to be signing a player of such immense potential. My guess is the lad is very ambitious and confident in himself, and wants to improve in a better league with a side that can guarantee him minutes and where he can be a big fish. I'm assuming he has been given assurances that we wouldn't stand in his way in a year or two if bigger clubs come circling.
thats the way for us to go in attracting young players.

Come to Everton , you will play and if you perform "bigger" teams will come sniffing and we will let you go , at the right price. Everyone gains.

Overall let's see how many players we have brought in for what net outlay. There is a big variation in the fee being quoted for Onana, but the payment terms are likely to be far more favourable than if we were buying from a PL club. He might end up as another Moise Kean, all hype, but not being a forward the risk isn't as great.

I'm genuinely surprised at this transfer, and the players enthusiasm for joining us, but it feels great to be signing a player of such immense potential. My guess is the lad is very ambitious and confident in himself, and wants to improve in a better league with a side that can guarantee him minutes and where he can be a big fish. I'm assuming he has been given assurances that we wouldn't stand in his way in a year or two if bigger clubs come circling.

With Lampard being a massive pull for players its another reason why we should make this a core business model

Mykolenko, Patterson, McNeil and Onana (touch wood) signed this year + others like Godfrey, Gordon and Branthwaite hopefully each having tailored developments...before we go down to the u21 youth levels.

If every window were proactive in signing u23s then in 2 or 3 seasons we should be in a different dynamic.

In the meantime, players like Tarkowski, Coady and Gana act as stopgaps for 2 or 3 seasons and aid the young players development until being replaced by new signings.

Overall let's see how many players we have brought in for what net outlay.
According to some kopites we should not be allowed to make transfers if we have no money. Some even saying this should be looked into straight away as clearly something corrupt going on. This coming from Squeaky clean Asthma FC ha ha. Not that they ever think of us mind.

According to some kopites we should not be allowed to make transfers if we have no money. Some even saying this should be looked into straight away as clearly something corrupt going on. This coming from Squeaky clean Asthma FC ha ha. Not that they ever think of us mind.
Ignore them mate, they won the quadruple last season so have nothing to complain about.

State of them... They honestly believe they spend no money.

3 weeks to go in the window, just a check in on how we are doing financially, wide diverse view, on projected losses this year - ive seen some project we are heading for a loss of 60 mill after the Richarlison sale - though id be closer to thinking we are at round zero after the sale i.e we are very close to breaking even for 21/22, the clubs activity in this window seem to indicate that.

Heading into 22/23, since the first of July we recouped £42 million in wages and amortisation, or rather players have left and we dont have to pay it - this creates space in our budget. We can factor in £27 million from the Moise Kean deal this fincial year as i beleive the obligation kicks in on the 30th of June 23.

So cashflow wise, we get £52 million, for Richarlison which probably covers our losses last year or close (in my opinion), 27 million for Kean we can count on this finacal year and £42 million in scope of the wage bill. Proabably important to say if we are running at a loss of 60 mill, that £42 million should come of the bottom line, so before player trading we are prob operating at a loss £18 mill or so.

So player trading, we've taken on costs, seems to me we are keen to stick to wage structure of about 4.5 mill, which is about 80k a week, the like sof Vinarge and McNeill may be on less so ill count them at 3.2 (60k) mill just for illustrative purposes. So the cost we have taken on are:

J.T. : Wages

4.5 million a year

Vinargre:

Wages 3.2

McNeill:

Wages: 3.2

Ammortisation: 4million

Projected:

Onana:

Wages: 4.5 mill

Ammortisation: 6.7 million.

Idrissa:

Wages: 4.5 million

Ammortisation: 4 million.

Coady:

4.5 million.

So if all of the above comes to pass we have saved £42. million in costs, but taken on £39.1 million. Before we look at taking on a striker or signing anything in addition to the above. So in terms of getting our losses down we've saved costs, but taken on more or less the same costs in new signings. Richarlisons fee will forgive much of last seasons loss and heading into this financial year, Kean £27 million might cushion the blow, but we are still probably operating as a business loosing £60 million a year, before we do anything else, when you factor in lower turnover - USM and Placement money. We could really we do with selling some players, but we know the problems there

Given the figures above the manager is certainly being backed in the market, ultimately if the above comes to pass we haven't really reduced our costs at all and likely we will need a sale similar to Richarlison next year to balance the books. In true Moshriri fashion hes pushing his out in the middle of the table is gambling again.

One notable trend i notice is a policy of looking and investing in the likes of JT, Coady and Idrissa - which is fine - good players practical solutions - but we are investing for 0 return. Kind of like Allan when he leaves on a free next year. We get no return bar service on owning him. Given player trading profits are a key area of raising capital for football clubs, three of our signings this summer we wont see a return on and investing £45 million in McNeill and Onana and backing ourselves to make a profit on them.

Its all Kool and the gang as the players come through the door in the summer, but ultimately we are kicking the an down the road again financially. maybe thats the plan, maybe that ok if we accept the strategy is getting to BMD on wing and prayer and we can broaden out our revenue base. But with three weeks in the window and a lot more likely to happen in between its probably good to take stop in the midst of the giddiness.

My take as the crow flies anyway.

Last edited:
3 weeks ago in the window, just a check in on how we are doing financially, wide diverse view, on projected losses this year - ive seen some project we are heading for a loss of 60 mill after the Richarlison sale - though id be closer to thinking we are at round zero after the sale i.e we are very close to breaking even for 21/22, the clubs activity in this window seem to indicate that.

Heading into 22/23, since the first of July we recouped £42 million in wages and amortisation, or rather players have left and we dont have to pay it - this creates space in our budget. We can factor in £27 million from the Moise Kean deal this fincial year as i beleive the obligation kicks in on the 30th of June 23.

So cashflow wise, we get £52 million, for Richarlison which probably covers our losses last year or close (in my opinion), 27 million for Kean we can count on this finacal year and £42 million in scope of the wage bill. Proabably important to say if we are running at a loss of 60 mill, that £42 million should come of the bottom line, so before player trading we are prob operating at a loss £18 mill or so.

So player trading, we've taken on costs, seems to me we are keen to stick to wage structure of about 4.5 mill, which is about 80k a week, the like sof Vinarge and McNeill may be on less so ill count them at 3.2 (60k) mill just for illustrative purposes. So the cost we have taken on are:

4.5 million a year

Vinargre:

Wages 3.2

McNeill:

Projected:

Onana:

Idrissa:

Coady:

4.5 million.

So if all of the above comes to pass we have saved £42. million in costs, but taken on £39.1 million. Before we look at taking on a striker or signing anything in addition to the above. So in terms of getting our losses down we've saved costs, but taken on more or less the same costs in new signings. Richarlisons fee will forgive much of last seasons loss and heading into this financial year, Kean £27 million might cushion the blow, but we are still probably operating as a business loosing £60 million a year, before we do anything else, when you factor in lower turnover - USM and Placement money. We could really we do with selling some players, but we know the problems there

Given the figures above the manager is certainly being backed in the market, ultimately if the above comes to pass we haven't really reduced our costs at all and likely we will need a sale similar to Richarlison next year to balance the books. In true Moshriri fashion hes pushing his out in the middle of the table is gambling again.

One notable trend i notice is a policy of looking and investing in the likes of JT, Coady and Idrissa - which is fine - good players practical solutions - but we are investing for 0 return. Kind of like Allan when he leaves on a free next year. We get no return bar service on owning him. Given player trading profits are a key area of raising capital for football clubs, three of our signings this summer we wont see a return on and investing £45 million in McNeill and Onana and backing ourselves to make a profit on them.

Its all Kool and the gang as the players come through the door in the summer, but ultimately we are kicking the an down the road again financially. maybe thats the plan, maybe that ok if we accept the strategy is getting to BMD on wing and prayer and we can broaden out our revenue base. But with three weeks in the window and a lot more likely to happen in between its probably good to take stop in the midst of the giddiness.
Vinagre is on £16k per week

3 weeks ago in the window, just a check in on how we are doing financially, wide diverse view, on projected losses this year - ive seen some project we are heading for a loss of 60 mill after the Richarlison sale - though id be closer to thinking we are at round zero after the sale i.e we are very close to breaking even for 21/22, the clubs activity in this window seem to indicate that.

4.5 million a year

Vinargre:

Wages 3.2

McNeill:

Projected:

Onana:

Idrissa:

Coady:

4.5 million.

Good post mate. I think we've been in such a mess that even just trying to break even would mean not investing in anyone and probable relegation.

The likes of Tarkowski, Gueye and Coady like you said won't generate us a profit in sales, but they would definitely offer a bit more short term stability and give us a better chance of staying in this division.

I think even though he flew in last night, hasn't trained with us and has been busy doing medicals... he'd still put in a better performance than our CM options today.

Vinagre is on £16k per week

Then im wrong, i projected and averaged some the wages to give an idea, though Vinagre could be lower and i suspect McNeill may be higher, but for illustrative purposes it wont be a kick in the backside away in terms of the overall cost bill!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.