Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving them far too much room... not tight enough at all. Good job it's half time. Pawsons always been a pain in the arse... annoyance of a ref. That shirt tug unpunished.. Sterling falling over - foul given... - decisions typical of him. Hope Pickford stops the stupid fannying about and arm waving...decision making poor again. O Neil and Gray need to step up or throw Alli in. Here's to a better 2nd half.

I disagree. We see those kinds of challenges inside the box every game and theyre not given. Defenders do the same and worse in every corner situation, yet its not given. Unless theres been a change in how refs judge these situations i dont understand how that was a pen.
Hands on his back, on his shoulders, from behind whilst running towards goal

Penalty.

Decent defensive shape all half apart from losing Sterling a few times.

Very very submissive though. As soon as they cross half way we drop and have 11 players within 30 yards of our goal. Can’t hold out for 90mins with no out ball, the counter would have to be perfect.

With any luck this might be the last time we HAVE to start Doucoure if Kevin pulls his finger out. I hate him.

Ok in patches. We’ll come out all fired up, look to be getting some joy, and get a red before 60 mins.

We are playing better but it's all pointless if we continue to make these stupid mistakes seemingly every game that cost us. We will never properly improve until we eradicate the majority of them.
Also Gray isn't very good. Can hit a cross occasionally but simply refuses to do the basic passing & has to [Poor language removed] about.
Gordon looks shattered already.

We have zero goal threat which is hard to watch, defensively much more solid but when you have brain dead defending by docoure its a hard pill to swallow.

It was a stonewall pen. Simple as that.

Iwobi the only one apart from the defenders who come with any credit. Only one who doesn’t look like a deer in headlights when he gets possession.
Agreed, Iwobi looks great in the middle. Only one looking to break the lines or play inventive passes. Anyone saying he can’t do it is just looking for errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.