Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. We see those kinds of challenges inside the box every game and theyre not given. Defenders do the same and worse in every corner situation, yet its not given. Unless theres been a change in how refs judge these situations i dont understand how that was a pen.
Laughable. That happens at the other end and you'd want one for us. Doucoure does this all the time. He got away with one earlier, this time he was punished.

Fingers crossed there are a few leads on a striker. We have looked decent enough but with no creator or striker we look a bit clueless in the final third. Was always going to be a struggle though given we have no striker and are waiting on incoming players. A lot of energy and workrate but lacking quality.

Can people stop catastrophising after 45 minutes against one of the best teams in Europe who have pretty much their strongest 11 available whilst all our strikers are injured. We matched up to them absolutely fine.

We’re not in deep deep trouble after 45 minutes of game one of the season ffs.
Who’s saying we are?

Tactically I think we've been good and it's a shame we are losing because people will just see the result and think Lampard is [Poor language removed] rather than noticing the individual mistakes. With a couple of signings I reckon we could have a relatively decent season.

I think your point was eloquently put.

Even if we lose today we should be alright if this is the level we reach most weeks.
I dunno. We played like this against them last season and then would go and lose to Southampton away with a whimper. We know we can compete against the super 6 teams. It's the games against the rest we need to see improvement in and we will see next week where we stand with that.

Tactically I think we've been good and it's a shame we are losing because people will just see the result and think Lampard is [Poor language removed] rather than noticing the individual mistakes. With a couple of signings I reckon we could have a relatively decent season.

I don’t quite understand the point of lumping it long to Gordon who’s up against Koulibaly tbh

Other than Sterling, Chelsea were pretty toothless in the first half. The penalty was an act of panic by Doucs. The Goodison crowd will ensure we get at least a point from this but I still think we’ll win.

I disagree. We see those kinds of challenges inside the box every game and theyre not given. Defenders do the same and worse in every corner situation, yet its not given. Unless theres been a change in how refs judge these situations i dont understand how that was a pen.
He had a couple of grabs and then came into the back of a player goal-side of him, it made the refs decision pretty easy.

Oh my god.

Yes it should’ve been flagged but officials are being briefed to let the game run and flag late with VAR being there to back them up. Not saying that it’s right in this situation but you can accept that they’re going to do that. The lad could’ve avoided the whole situation himself by showing some basic awareness.

It was a penalty. He was all over him and you’d be fuming if it happened against us. Despite what some of you think it is possible for Everton to concede a legitimate penalty without it being “corruption” and past offences against us don’t change the fact that it was a penalty. We’re Evertonians not Kopites, we’re better than this.

Football is back, we’re playing well ENJOY THE GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.