Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had hand around his back and on shoulders, from behind, which you cannot do.

It doesn’t matter if he rolled around a thousand times, it was a pen
Not when you look at inconsistent refereeing. They have VAR now so no excuses, until they sort that out, which is so obviously biased, we can call them out. Commentators thought it soft as hell, I agree.

Been impressed by Patterson's touches and movement going forward. Diving in a bit too much defensively, but hopefully experience and the training will remove that aspect. Holgate is having one of his better games. Iwobi has been a cracking midfielder so far.

Gray and Mykolenko are very predictable down the left. Run down the line, turn back and try to come inside or cross. Could do with someone who is more than happy to take people on and cross. (Vinagre?)

We’re looking a lot more assured at the back which is good to see! midfield absolutely non-existent like it was last season, criminal that we’ve not strengthened in the middle of the park before the start of the season. Had all week to get gana over the line and why we had to wait for West Ham to scout Onana.. Everton that!

It was a stonewall pen. Simple as that.

Iwobi the only one apart from the defenders who come with any credit. Only one who doesn’t look like a deer in headlights when he gets possession.
Some dangerous balls here and there, but at least they're with intent.

Been impressed by Patterson's touches and movement going forward. Diving in a bit too much defensively, but hopefully experience and the training will remove that aspect. Holgate is having one of his better games. Iwobi has been a cracking midfielder so far.

Gray and Mykolenko are very predictable down the left. Run down the line, turn back and try to come inside or cross. Could do with someone who is more than happy to take people on and cross. (Vinagre?)
In fairness Mykolenko knows Gray won’t pass so pointless him bombing on anyway

Not when you look at inconsistent refereeing. They have VAR now so no excuses, until they sort that out, which is so obviously biased, we can call them out. Commentators thought it soft as hell, I agree.
It may have been soft, still a pen though. Unless you now think that players, from behind can start pulling on attackers?

You can argue what you think all day, but it was a pen

What I have liked though is we look like a team that's been coached, we have definite patterns of play and are trying to link up with each other which hasn't looked obvious over the last year. Obviously we need a focal point up front and I'm sure we'll get one but at least we're trying to play football with a bit of edge thrown in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.