Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, it was pen everyday and all day long
I disagree. We see those kinds of challenges inside the box every game and theyre not given. Defenders do the same and worse in every corner situation, yet its not given. Unless theres been a change in how refs judge these situations i dont understand how that was a pen.

What do we do now? Do we carry on the same and hope not to concede another and go for it with say 15 mins to go. Think if we start chasing we might leave gaps all over the place

If we want to win we cannot carry on the same. This is far too conservative. We need to get in to them

My biggest concern is that mcneil has been poor and gray has made bad decisions too. These are the guys who could be difference makers and need to improve.

What I will say is we need some context. We're without both available senior strikers (yes obviously something to be addressed) and it sounds by all accounts we have 2 strong midfield additions coming in the next few days.

By no means can any game be considered a free hit, but if we end up getting beat today let's be realistic that we're trying to rebuild against one of the best teams in Europe.

That said, let's effing have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.