Not open for further replies.
Dear Frunk, next game please:

Pickford
Tarkowski---Coady/Holgate
Patterson-------------------------Mykolenko
Onana-----Davies
Iwobi----------Dele----------Gordon
Rondon​

We're not playing relegation football, it's just 1 or 2 players he's forced to play making mistakes and costing us, once he gets Gueye and Onana bedded into the team and hopefully a striker we'll do alright, won't be pushing for top tier but should be comfortably mid table at minimum
That’s the positive. So far in the 2 games I don’t think the style has been wrong, it’s the players. Got it wrong today but based on *who* was playing not *how* we were playing. Vinagre, Onana, Dele and Rondon in for Mykolenko, Doucoure, Gray and McNeil from the start today and I think we win that fairly handily.

But I do understand him not playing Vinagre, Onana and Rondon for fitness sake and Dele in there without a striker would’ve been not as effective too. It’s something that hopefully by the end of the window won’t be an issue.

If we have to suffer through the next 3 weeks and come out better I’d rather that than suffering for the next 40 odd weeks. Also of course we’ve been incredibly unlucky with injuries already, 2 games into the season and it looks like we’ve lost 4 starters for a stretch of time. It’s hard to get on anyone’s back over that to be fair.

Not excuses, reasons.

We need a Striker, but a series of unfortunate events have conspired against us.

But yes, the people in charge of recruitment are paid vast sums to plan for unfortunate events.

I get it, 2 games, 2 defeats, Lampard will shoulder his share of the blame.
That's all you needed to say.

...and we had 6 weeks to get one and didn't.

...and for that reason we hav 0 points from 6.

Not excuses, reasons.

We need a Striker, but a series of unfortunate events have conspired against us.

But yes, the people in charge of recruitment are paid vast sums to plan for unfortunate events.

I get it, 2 games, 2 defeats, Lampard will shoulder his share of the blame.
He has to take some share, you don't get off to our worst start in 13 years without doing something wrong.
Main thing is he will be doing everything to.put it right in the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.