2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet he views it as 3 at the back and Five in midfield, hence the comfort with which he can play Iwobi at left back and the like.

My gripe with him is the tactical part, and the seeming lack of long term planning. Signing players cause we need them, stat, is usually not a healthy move. And seeing Richy go and us stuck with DCL and Rondon, without thinking "right, time to sign a forward" is just criminal.

Like its not his fault alone but his style invites calamity and needless drama while proving to be a lottery at best when it comes to solving our collective problems on the pitch.

As has been posted by others...

1: Its a 343 formation.

2: We have several key injuries.

3: Coady, Tarkowski, Patterson, McNeil and Onana are new players who need to gel with others and vice versa.

4: Weve been actively trying to bring in a DM and a CF. It would be a surprise if they arent signed by the end of the window.

5: If you swapped Gray for an effective player we'd now be on 2-4pts.

6: The recruitment has been great so far. Lampard/Thelwell are building with a strategy in mind.

This season is Year 1 in a total rebuild of the team, squad and footballing side of the club. Patience is needed and I think we end up mid table but would take 17th as long as theres a clear strategy underpinned with young players developed.

Lampard has a free pass for me.

If he continues to be naive and play Gordon up top and allows him to take set pieces with a back three that includes Mykolenko as a LWB then he will write his own story towards a sacking.

It sure does hurt losing to a team managed by that horrible man. If we get a decent striker in, then we should finish mid table at the very least.

I back Lampard but going for Gordon as a striker twice begins to look like stubbornness - and that is what did for most of our recent managers in the end.

As soon as we have to put Davies or Gomes on the pitch I don't fancy our chances against Prem opposition.

Get Gueye in and 2 forwards - save us having to do even more in January.

I respect your point of view and I completely understand where you’re coming from.

But number on a bank balance sheet don’t necessarily make someone confident.

Under Benitez we lost almost every week, including a defeat to relegated Watford in which we conceded three goals in a few minutes. It will take years for our players to recover from that psychologically.

Only when 40,000 Evertonians are willing them on and cheering them to the rafters will these players do well this season. I can see us having the worst away form of any PL club once again.
Don't know what do you mean by that "you understand where I am come from"? I have been in sport all my life. Sportsman can be mentaly weak. But team with 11 individuals can't. Than it's not problem in the players. I agree with this of 40000 Evertonians thing, but also remember jeering via Palace on the halftime and we know how does it ended.

And that’s exactly why we should back our players again this season.

We all know how detrimental it can be when we aren’t vociferously supportive of our players. Under Benitez we fans were hardly the proverbial 12th man and the results reflected that.
Agreed mate, I hate to hear Davies and Rondon being booed on to the pitch.

Let’s not pretend that Benitez should have been anywhere near this club. It’s a stain on our history and another example of the board getting a big decision massively wrong.

There are thousands of blues on this forum and I only have regular run ins with the same handful of suspects who just dont like me and never will do no matter what I post (you're one of them).

I've accepted that, I don't post on here to make friends or to join cliques likewise I'm old and wise enough to know you'll never be everyones cup of tea in life expecially when you're someone opinionated who stands out from the crowd and doesn't just blend in.

You enjoy your evening ?
We don't dislike you, but you chat absolute wham.

….as somebody who suggested we play Gordon as a central striker last season when DCL & Richarlison we’re both out, I understand why Lampard went for that option. Whilst we forfeit ‘back to goal‘ play, the idea is he can stretch the opposition running the other way. He doesn’t stick rigidly to central positions.

Alli could be a better option, but the impotency is not solely down to a central striker. The two adjoining are not providing genuine threat.

i do agree with @Zatara that we have to be patient, Lampard is building a side and we should give it until 10 games before we judge with more certainty.

I honestly dont want to hear from Lampard this week talking about "we know it's an area where we'd like to strengthen" and then rolling into the next fixture without an attacker again.

The club has to get a striker done beginning of this coming week. They've had enough time and must have all the relevant info on an attacker to move on.

Just get this done. No excuses.
I agree with you Dave, but,I think the problem they have, is getting a club to accept one of our 'structured' transfer payment plans or a loan to buy option. Unfortunately, clubs are only really likely to go along with this towards the end of the window, when they are getting a bit worried about being stuck with a player no is not in their plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.