2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there’s nothing wrong with expecting the club to have it’s house in order before the season starts. The fans supported and backed the team playing a huge part in the relegation fight.

While it might be the case that Everton are a team in transition without the means or time to effect that change before the start of the season it doesn’t mean that a lot of fans are tired of the constant flux, lost ground and apparent lack of preparation.

We do seem to be making progress and I think it’s important to give it time….. again….

I think there’s nothing wrong with expecting the club to have it’s house in order before the season starts. The fans supported and backed the team playing a huge part in the relegation fight.

While it might be the case that Everton are a team in transition without the means or time to effect that change before the start of the season it doesn’t mean that a lot of fans are tired of the constant flux, lost ground and apparent lack of preparation.

We do seem to be making progress and I think it’s important to give it time….. again….
The manager deserves as much time as he needs. The board and the recruitment team don't deserve any more patience. They've made far too many mistakes in recent years to deserve the benefit of the doubt in future.

The lack of preparation for the start of the season showed a complete lack of responsibility to fulfil their duties properly. I'm fed up at how long it takes them to learn obvious lessons from the past.

The manager deserves as much time as he needs. The board and the recruitment team don't deserve any more patience. They've made far too many mistakes in recent years to deserve the benefit of the doubt in future.

The lack of preparation for the start of the season showed a complete lack of responsibility to fulfil their duties properly. I'm fed up at how long it takes them to learn obvious lessons from the past.
I think that’s were a lot of the frustration comes from too, I t’s not like we haven’t been down this road before. I am reasonably optimistic this time though, Benitez was ground zero and Frank has started to move on a lot of the players that weren’t cutting it. I hope he gets who he needs and gets the blend right, there’s been quite a few comments from the players about how good he’s been for them and has definitely improved Iwobi which suggests possible divine abilities!!!

Mentaly weak? With that job and sallary they have? Please tell some of club fans, with milion problems that someone with 50-100 k a week is mentally weak. I don't buy that s.... Get out and preform.
I respect your point of view and I completely understand where you’re coming from.

But number on a bank balance sheet don’t necessarily make someone confident.

Under Benitez we lost almost every week, including a defeat to relegated Watford in which we conceded three goals in a few minutes. It will take years for our players to recover from that psychologically.

Only when 40,000 Evertonians are willing them on and cheering them to the rafters will these players do well this season. I can see us having the worst away form of any PL club once again.

We do seem to be making progress and I think it’s important to give it time….. again…
And that’s exactly why we should back our players again this season.

We all know how detrimental it can be when we aren’t vociferously supportive of our players. Under Benitez we fans were hardly the proverbial 12th man and the results reflected that.

Should be given time. Board have let him down to start this season. Holes needed filled and haven’t addressed them and not for the first time either.

The DOF doesnt get involved in squad politics mate.

Lampard goes to Big Kev Thelwell and says "right Kev I want A, B and C bringing in".

Kev the DOF and his scouting team identify players that fit A, B and C and bring them in with the managers blessing.

If Lampard wanted DCL as his main CF then Big Kev Thelwell doesn't take it upon himself to spend £50 million on a CF that the manager didn't request.

You are truly a moron and you know nothing.

I’m not satisfied but I’m not upset either. Some patience is called for. The window has been active. We’ve filled needs and gotten a mix of youth and experience and seemingly high character players. We desperately need more forwards but the window is not over and it’s not like ordering a TV from Amazon.

I think Frank was a bit behind where most fans wanted him to be today, but the performances have been more defensively solid which is not sufficent but it is necessary. I don’t mind him seeing what he has.

Frank has earned our trust. He has credit in the bank. The incomings are not enough without more but they are better than we’ve done and the spending is what we can afford.

I look at de Gea’s comments after they got shredded by Brentford today. That side has PTSD. No one wants to be there. We’re in desperate need of some attacking pixie dust but the project is one I believe in unlike this time last season.

I’m not satisfied but I’m not upset either. Some patience is called for. The window has been active. We’ve filled needs and gotten a mix of youth and experience and seemingly high character players. We desperately need more forwards but the window is not over and it’s not like ordering a TV from Amazon.

I think Frank was a bit behind where most fans wanted him to be today, but the performances have been more defensively solid which is not sufficent but it is necessary. I don’t mind him seeing what he has.

Frank has earned our trust. He has credit in the bank. The incomings are not enough without more but they are better than we’ve done and the spending is what we can afford.

I look at de Gea’s comments after they got shredded by Brentford today. That side has PTSD. No one wants to be there. We’re in desperate need of some attacking pixie dust but the project is one I believe in unlike this time last season.

Superb post.

--------------------------Pickford-------------------------

Patterson------Coady------------Tarkowski----Mykolenko

----------------Gueye---Onana--Iwobi----------------------

-------------------------Gordon------------------------------

-----------------Alli---------------Rondon--------------------

Agreed. We have to be patient. It wasn't a terrible performance. I think not having a ST hurt us in both games. A big ST is not only about scoring goals but help us hold up play up top and ease the pressing in the middle of the park by dominating the air from any long balls.

Our defense is calmer and organised now. Seeing how Tarks and Coady play makes me realise how nervous M.Keane can be every game. Both goals we conceded were counter attack goals came from mistakes up top (losing the ball by midfielders).

I think defensive positioning should be improve by FL when the team goes forward - our channels were too exposed when we lose possession in midfield (which we often do)

Status
Not open for further replies.