2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying get Keane Gomes and Kenny back in. Instead of been negative give us an opinion on what you would do and buy and what tactics you would employ as our manager
Sort an attacker out this week. And before the deadline for the Forest game.

The more I think about it the more 'kin livid I am over this. Failing to line up a replacement before Richarlison was sold is completely irresponsible.
Dave give us a break ffs

ThMeh, not the first time we've had a weak performance and bad result at Villa Park. Won't be the last.
True. To be honest at the best of times would it be expected that we would get a result out of Chelsea at home and Villa away? Two tough games with new players still bedding in and no ’proper’ forward. Things will improve in the coming weeks for that I am certain

I think he is addressing that mental weakness. We lost a game today that would have gone either way. We need a win next week at home no question. And I think we will win comfortably. Then the season starts proper for the blues
I agree. But the lack of prioritising a striker has seen us lose 6 points and placed this manager in a position he shouldn't have found himself in. IF we dont beat Forest the atmosphere will become utterly toxic again, the cowards in that squad will fold and the manager will be struggling to keep his job.

That's what folly it was to sell Richarlison and not replace him immediately.

Three games into the season it shouldn't ever be this way, but it is. Forest is a must win game for all sorts of reasons.

He'll end up out of the job if he persists with this system.

Thing is there's other teams in the league who work a 3 / 5 at the back well.

The keys are

1 - the full backs get up and down which allows the attackers to get narrow and into the box
2 - the centre midfielders get up and down fast.

Maybe two or three times Myko and Patterson got ahead of McNeil / Gray today.

Iwobi and Doucoure just are not getting up the pitch quick enough, Iwobi has been doing alright but he's usually with the ball. Neither of them get into the box to cause problems though.

I honestly dont want to hear from Lampard this week talking about "we know it's an area where we'd like to strengthen" and then rolling into the next fixture without an attacker again.

The club has to get a striker done beginning of this coming week. They've had enough time and must have all the relevant info on an attacker to move on.

Just get this done. No excuses.

I agree. But the lack of prioritising a striker has seen us lose 6 points and placed this manager in a position he shouldn't have found himself in. IF we dont beat Forest the atmosphere will become utterly toxic again, the cowards in that squad will fold and the manager will be struggling to keep his job.

That's what folly it was to sell Richarlison and not replace him immediately.

Three games into the season it shouldn't ever be this way, but it is. Forest is a must win game for all sorts of reasons.
I am still moaning we never replaced Lukaku

I know I need to move on?

I honestly dont want to hear from Lampard this week talking about "we know it's an area where we'd like to strengthen" and then rolling into the next fixture without an attacker again.

The club has to get a striker done beginning of this coming week. They've had enough time and must have all the relevant info on an attacker to move on.

Just get this done. No excuses.
They were clearly putting all their eggs in the DCL basket. They thought they could just rely on him all year and instead use the Richarlison money on defenders and mids. That's clearly what the plan was and it all unravelled inside a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.