2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s right though. The fan base won’t turn on him for a good while but with every poor result the pressure intensifies. The media start to question him more, fans who liked a previous manager start to say ‘if x had had this run he’d have been sacked’, players start to lose faith in what they’re doing etc. We desperately need stability so we need to do everything we can to stop that from happening, but there’s no denying it will happen if we don’t start to pick up points soon. That’s why new attacking options are vital.
I agree in the longer term. But he said the pitchforkers will be out in force if we lose to forest. I don't think that's true. It will happen eventually but he needs a striker and that's on the recruitment team as a whole

Nah it was just on our game today tbf.
Lets be honest if we had a propper striker on there today Villa dont win.
Gerrard will be under pressure soon enough when any team with decent strikers rips them a new one.

But for now they want Lampard ( and by association ) us to fail.

That's the spin. Ten Haag is next in their sights, then Lampard if we dont beat Forest.
I think for United they will blame the players or the owners. There’ll be more perspective, however if they keep shipping goals like today then they will tailspin.

It’s actually incredible when you look at their squad. character is so important. The place must be a cesspool

We were away from home today so what do you expect?

Our players are mentally weak, which is understandable given that we accrued just 6 points from Benitez’s last 3 months in charge last season.

Frankly unless they have 40,000 blues cheering their every move they simply can’t perform. I’m incredulous about the fact that I’m typing that, but it’s true.

we’ve played 2 games mate, in a season where everyone has tipped us for the drop. Has Tarkowski disappointed you? Has Coady? Has Onana? Has Patterson? He’s made mistakes but I think we will improve no doubt. When we get a couple of wins together the team will grow. Just have some patience. I think you forgot how bad we where from October to March last year. We aren’t gonna build Rome in a day mate. We need a striker and another midfielder in the window. Let’s try and trust the process Rather than appointing yet another manager.
I don’t forget how bad we were between the middle of last season but is that the bench mark?

We were away from home today so what do you expect?

Our players are mentally weak, which is understandable given that we accrued just 6 points from Benitez’s last 3 months in charge last season.

Frankly unless they have 40,000 blues cheering their every move they simply can’t perform. I’m incredulous about the fact that I’m typing that, but it’s true.
That's why recruitment is key. Tarkowski and Coady have big characters, but I really dont see players like McNeil offering us a backbone away from home.

Pickford had one save to make today - Villa were there for the taking - lack of a no 9 plus a creative midfield & we will settle down with a win or two with added players - we need to get rid of deadwood 3-4 players on big wages ......
Totally agree Joey

I’d be disheartened if I didn’t see some improvement and potential in the team and the play but, while we haven’t picked up any points, there are some shoots of life.

He's a fairly green manager whose ceiling is unknown and who seems willing to learn the trade and grow. He's also consistently got better jobs than many in his position would have on the back of a stellar playing career.

If he was our manager a few years ago I'd put money on him not lasting the season. But he and Everton have found each other at the right time, when both need a period of quiet growth and stability. The board and the fans, by and large, are willing to give him some rope. As long as he doesn't have us in the relegation zone come the World Cup (and it's a real possibility) he'll probably last the season.

I'm not at all convinced he can get us contending around the European spots again, but he might. All I really expect of him is to steady the ship and begin the rebuild. But even with those modest goals we'll have to find a playing style this season. He's gonna have to make some big calls.

Pickford had one save to make today - Villa were there for the taking - lack of a no 9 plus a creative midfield & we will settle down with a win or two with added players - we need to get rid of deadwood 3-4 players on big wages ......
A striker who can get 10+ and a midfielder who can pass and we'll be fine. Spot on Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.