Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight swap Broja & Gallagher.

Nice knowing you Anthony.

Borja & Gallagher & some cash.

Errrm mate Cucarella was seen as great business as he was at Brighton for 10-11 months and they made around 50m profit on him for a left back.

It's be like us selling Patterson next summer for 75m, obviously fantastic business.

Selling the only good players you develop is not good business it's settling for a position of being a feeder club.

We've become that desperate for money that people advocate selling to survive not progress

England international Gallagher is exactly 12months older than Gordon.

You'd have to look at him + Broja and feel that we'd be getting an amazing deal if we swapped Gordon for them both.

If only there was a way of keeping Gordon and bringing in the other two :(

At this point surely you have to wonder what Newcastle and Chelsea see in him to have £40mil figures thrown around.

Also why Lampard has given him the 10 shirt.

Clearly theres something behind these professionals rating Gordon so highly.
They were clearly thinking about buying long term potential, plus the homegrown factor, so £40m would seem about right if he pays off for the buying club.

As for the 10 shirt, that is as much a PR bit as it is a confidence booster for "one of our own" young lads, the season's star etc. FL gives an iconic number to a club-produced youngster everyone likes and wants to do well. Makes sense from that viewpoint.

They were clearly thinking about buying long term potential, plus the homegrown factor, so £40m would seem about right if he pays off for the buying club.

As for the 10 shirt, that is as much a PR bit as it is a confidence booster for "one of our own" young lads, the season's star etc. FL gives an iconic number to a club-produced youngster everyone likes and wants to do well. Makes sense from that viewpoint.
I have to completely agree with you on that

Similar thoughts with Gordon, to when Spurs were sniffing around Richarlison, if I had any faith in our board/recruitment team I’d have been alright to see him leave at a significant price.

But here we are about 6 weeks later with no one in as a replacement, unless god forbid, they think McNeil is.

Could allow Gordon to develop and mature here in an ideal world but if they did offer £50m then it's an undoubted opportunity in our current state of evolution.
Potentially one step back and two forward if we made good use of the proceeds. Gallagher and Broja.

I am still trying to grasp why he is in a number 10 shirt and playing ST when he's a winger, its almost as confusing as his haircut

Status
Not open for further replies.