Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because those players are the latest flavours of the month and we have a player who Pep and even Turkey Teeth have both singled out for praise.
Forget praise. Let's look at this.

20220814_174017.jpg

£35m / £40m + Broja and we’d have had their pants down. Means we get a striker in that we need as well as having the money to easily get someone like Terrier too, probably enough after that even to strengthen more too if we needed it.

I’m praying for this deal to happen, completely changes our season from 12th - 14th to challenging for Europe. Do the right thing for once!
I think with them valuing Broja at 25 the most we could get is 25+ Broja. But even then, given we appear to be bidding 15m on strikers already, you'd say that gives us 40m to play with, meaning we could get in Terrier with probably 10m to punt on a younger player like Dieng, or to put towards a loan fee for someone like Pulisic / CHO / Ziyech. In one fell swoop our front three is completely transformed.

How about if he doesn’t want to leave just yet ?

Strange as it may seem, he looks like he likes the club and the fans.

Or do we take the @ForeverBlue92 approach, by forcing him out, via getting all the other players to gang up on him, until he cries.

Making him train with the eight year olds and parking his car in the middle of Halewood and telling him to walk to Finch Farm.

What’s being reported is that Everton values him at £50m, right? Not that anyone else is willing to match it.
I know, I never said anyone would match it. I’m saying we won’t get Broja and Gallagher from Chelsea for him when they value/have turned down bids of over £50m for the two players

Reactions: den
Gordon is a far superior player to Gray and had a high potential ceiling.
However at this point in his career there is no end product in terms of goals and assists ( and I'm not talking about the last 2 games when he's been played out of position)
If we can get around £40m and use that to bring in 2 much needed good strikers we would be crazy not to in our current situation.
Yeah but potential is only just that. It doesn’t actually mean anything tangible on the football pitch. Is there a chance he realises this potential? Of course but I think it’s far more likely that he doesn’t. I think the chance of Gordon ever being a £50m player no matter what happens are almost none, I could see him maybe being a worse version of Sterling maybe.

Even then though I don’t think that’s likely, his real ceiling is probably a decent PL level winger but certainly not a £50m one, unless prices absolutely balloon again.

Status
Not open for further replies.