Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would probably have to put a little cherry on top, like 10m.
I still have a feeling we’ll end up with Broja, but can’t imagine Gallagher when we now have: Onana, Doucoure, Davies, Gomes, Allan, Iwobi, Gbamin all on the books.

Hopefully a few of them go soon though

I think with them valuing Broja at 25 the most we could get is 25+ Broja. But even then, given we appear to be bidding 15m on strikers already, you'd say that gives us 40m to play with, meaning we could get in Terrier with probably 10m to punt on a younger player like Dieng, or to put towards a loan fee for someone like Pulisic / CHO / Ziyech. In one fell swoop our front three is completely transformed.
Exactly. If we said before the window that we’d get £110m for Richarlison and Gordon this summer and transform the squad then I think every single fan would be delighted. Selling Richy enabled us to transform the back and actually have a midfield, selling Gordon will give us a forward line and actual depth when the squad is fit. It really is a no brainier transfer in my eyes.

Gallagher is 12months older than Gordon and has 4 England caps.

Who is currently the better player and under Lampard who could end up being the better player for us long term?
I dont know Zat.

Whilst both have potential, I consider both vastly off the mark currently.

Coin flip I would say, both are certain to be Premier League players, which tier is anybodies guess.

How about if he doesn’t want to leave just yet ?

Strange as it may seem, he looks like he likes the club and the fans.

Or do we take the @ForeverBlue92 approach, by forcing him out, via getting all the other players to gang up on him, until he cries.

Making him train with the eight year olds and parking his car in the middle of Halewood and telling him to walk to Finch Farm.
If Chelsea come knocking he will go, better team at present and if he went for big money , his wages would go up as well.

For the record, I like Gordon in terms of attitude and work rate and would love homegrown talent to succeed.

However, right now I believe we need to be more ruthless.

Our wingers MUST produce goals / assists.

Non-negotiable I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, due to our poor FFP position, that's the only reason I'd consider it.

If we could afford to replace our current front three and have him around as a squad player, I'd 100% keep him.

Thats not the case tho.

If Gana were to join I think we see Allan sold.

Also i think Gbamin and Gomes are punted at the end of the window.
I really hope so. Doesn’t seem FL rates Allan, he had games where he looked good last season but he’s far too limited imo.

Those two are just a joke aren’t they, I imagine they’ll go out on loan with us paying a high % of their wages though

I dont know Zat.

Whilst both have potential, I consider both vastly off the mark currently.

Coin flip I would say, both are certain to be Premier League players, which tier is anybodies guess.

Its a tough one...for half a season he and Broja looked like they would demolish the league after xmas but goals/assists fell off.

To have both in for Gordon cements a 352 which Is what Thelwell would love i expect.

Just wonder if theres a way we get them and keep Gordon lol

If Chelsea come knocking he will go, better team at present and if he went for big money , his wages would go up as well.
This is the thing too. He should probably want to go if the offer is good enough. This isn’t like Newcastle coming in for him.

It’s a deal that benefits everyone greatly (except Chelsea), he gets a great move and money to a CL club, we get massive money that we can reinvest. There should be no talk of “forcing” a player out or even to stay. This is a deal that realistically everyone should want to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.