Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
£35m / £40m + Broja and we’d have had their pants down. Means we get a striker in that we need as well as having the money to easily get someone like Terrier too, probably enough after that even to strengthen more too if we needed it.

I’m praying for this deal to happen, completely changes our season from 12th - 14th to challenging for Europe. Do the right thing for once!

Broja is a no brainer. As i posted a few days ago, a spine of him, Onana and Branthwaite could be there for a decade.

All big strong tall quality young players.

But imagine Gallagher next to Onana with a DM behind...thats exciting.

Gordon is fine outwide. He’s just not a centre forward. Have people forgotten some of his performances last season when he looked like our best player in games?

It would be ideal to keep him.

If they offered over 50m and one of Gallagher or Broja on loan then we'd have to accept it

But I would more expect to see a deal of something like 15m plus Barkley
£50mil is huge money with a player on loan on top.

Oh yes because spending half of the money an Ismailia Sarr is a massive difference maker

Crap
Don’t know where the Sarr talk is coming from but I think it’s hilarious that you’re against selling a player for £50m and spending £25m on a player who plays in the same position and outscored him in a worse team with 15 fewer appearances. It’s not exactly a solid argument I must say.

All I’ll ask people to do is take their bias aside. I see Gordon and Gray as near identical players. If there was a club that came in for Gray for £20m most people would take it without question, never mind £50m. It’s the classic case but if this lad wasn’t from the academy he wouldn’t be near the squad on a regular basis and we’d happily take what we could get with him.

I mean ffs look at the abuse McNeil is getting already only 2 games in with us despite him and Gordon only having a few months between them.
Gordon is a far superior player to Gray and had a high potential ceiling.
However at this point in his career there is no end product in terms of goals and assists ( and I'm not talking about the last 2 games when he's been played out of position)
If we can get around £40m and use that to bring in 2 much needed good strikers we would be crazy not to in our current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.