2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right but they just paid 60 odd million for Cucurella who is a 25m player

Teams make stupid mistakes. I could quite easily see them, or Newcastle making said mistake. I'm not saying they will, but they could.

Someone was suggesting Forest were going to pay 40m for MGW. People panic at the back end of deadlines.

Would rather throw himself to the ground than try to create.

Sell for mine, especially at the 50m+ figures being suggested. If it were around 30m, I'd keep and hope he kicks on.

Interesting that all these clubs are supposedly interested when he's apparently such a bad player

I certainly hope there isn't a narrative that he "betrayed" us or anything like that. Plenty in here and elsewhere wanting him sold
Narr he has done nothing wrong, if he goes good luck to him, 40m and move on is good business

You cant trade players anyway, they all must have a fee on the balance sheet.

Yeah I know. But you get my drift. A lot of comments will be forthcoming saying swap for Broja & Gallagher when we know it doesn’t work like that, nor does that benefit us

Interesting that all these clubs are supposedly interested when he's apparently such a bad player

I certainly hope there isn't a narrative that he "betrayed" us or anything like that. Plenty in here and elsewhere wanting him sold
People saying he's 'bad' are impatient.

It's unfortunate for Gordon that so much is expected of him because we don't have a strong enough squad to rotate him in and out.

Playing every week at his stage of development with additional expectations isn't the best for him.

The figures mentioned allows us the strengthen in at least 2 areas. Sadly, it's a bit of a no brainer.

More like Gordon + £30m for those two.
We'll, they're bidding 80 mil for a centre back, they just spent 60 on a full back.

As our manager clearly likes Gordons attitude and workrate we should demand top money for him.

Speaking of Lampard, no way this deal gets done behind his back without his full approval.

The article simply says chelsea are 'interested' in gordon and goes on to speculate if a 50m bid would change our minds. I think people are blowing this out of proportion a bit and that theres nothing substantial in this.

Player exchanges don’t happen but more so teams will effectively do it and just have the transfers be officially separate, it’s better for both clubs. Spanish clubs do it loads, think it happens a good lot in Italy too. I mean Chelsea literally just done one with Brighton although but just with a loan.

And I agree those type of transactions do happen.

Not the ones a lot will refer to as “swapping Broja & Gallagher for Gordon” though, in its literal sense…

Status
Not open for further replies.