2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to stop worrying about how much players are worth 3 years after we sell them. He might do his ACL, he might win the ballon d’or. Who knows.

If they don’t fit what we need now, aren’t quite the finished product and then someone offers silly money for “potential”, take it and reinvest in starting line up players that actually fit Kevs chosen formation. We need productivity now, not in 2026.

Very happy to keep him, but £40-50m is an absolute joke of a price.
100% agree mate it’s about now and securing we still play in the premier league by 2026 as much potential Gordon may or may not have if we can sell him and include 2 good squad players I’d do that and at £40m plus you can’t refuse that kind of money for him, if we wasn’t as poor as we was last season and finished mid table comfortably his season wouldn’t of looked as good as it did but being how poor we was he was one of the only positives to take from it.

I dont see it at all. We keep young players often till their mid 20s before getting rid even though we've known for years they would never make it.

If you want to play for Everton then perform well or you'll be scrutinised. Thats the way it has to be if you want accountability.

Our young players have struggled mostly. Thats why few of them get regular game time

And what if you play fine but get ridiculously unfair criticism?

He's crap, nothing will convince me otherwise. All he's got is a bit of pace, but absolutely zero composure and terrible decision making skills. Plus he cannot even put in a decent corner which really is not difficult. To add to that as well, he feels the need to throw himself on the floor more than Richarlison did, which is very embarrassing. Can't believe he was given the number 10 and catapulted into being a key player on the basis of being the least crap of an absolutely horrific set of players last season.

…so you’re not a fan GT? :blush:

I think being supportive of football players who play for the club you support is generally helpful, yes
Ive supported Gordon fully.

I have doubts concerning his end product, but ive never said we should drop him, nor do I think we should sell him cheaply.

But every player has a price and we cant be turning down 50million for a player who MAY never become anything more than a hard working player.

The article simply says chelsea are 'interested' in gordon and goes on to speculate if a 50m bid would change our minds. I think people are blowing this out of proportion a bit and that theres nothing substantial in this.
Of course there's nothing to this 'rumour' but that wont get in the way of people speculating which Chelsea players we'll sign with the money / being awful fans because they'd sell "one of our own" for a record fee.

And what if you play fine but get ridiculously unfair criticism?

That's it for me.

Two impartial pundits watching the games have both credited Gordon as playing well, and being our best attacking outlet in need of support.

Not wonderful, but real credit for a 21 year old playing out of position.

From some of the discussion, youd think he had stunk the gaff out.

That's it for me.

Two impartial pundits watching the games have both credited Gordon as playing well, and being our best attacking outlet in need of support.

Not wonderful, but real credit for a 21 year old playing out of position.

From some of the discussion, youd think he had stunk the gaff out.
I personally think he did stink the gaff out.

Lots of leeway gvien for the role he was playing, but he did it badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.