Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would’ve agreed a few weeks ago but with Gueye & Onana coming in, we now have those two + Davies, Gomes, Gbamin, Doucoure & Iwobi.

Of course a few of those are nowhere near good enough, but far too many numbers + we desperately need attackers.

If we did that deal, we’d only have McNeil & Gray as our wide players with Townsend out until next year
Not really we would push iwobi back out wide...

But yes it would leave us short on the wings.. but there is value to be had in Europe for wide players who are more proven and not just potential..

I think if Frank really rates Broja, we would shake hands on £25m plus him.
If we could then finalise Gana and trump forest for Aouar for relative buttons by the chat, it would still leave us up with imo just a wide player required.
I dont want to get rid of the kid but unless we will be playing european football in the next few seasons he will be looking a transfer some stage not too far in the future if he continues to improve. And if he doesnt improve there wont be any £50m bids coming back round for him.
Yeah the risk with not taking £50m now (if the next bid is around that), is will we ever be offered it again?

The lad is clearly talented and has potential, but we need to improve the squad now and we can bring in a couple of players for that money.

Of course it could go the other way, he could move, get in the England squad and be worth £75m+ in a year or so but that’s the risk

If we sell Gordon we need 3 forwards. Big ask with two weeks to go.
Its not 2 weeks to go tho is it Mick?

Unless you think we only start looking at players on MOTD once players are sold, I can see why tho.

We will have been scouting players all last season and the season before that, we should have an idea of the who, the why and what.

You see how many deals can go through on deadline day.

It takes the stroke of a pen to sign a player.

Not really we would push iwobi back out wide...

But yes it would leave us short on the wings.. but there is value to be had in Europe for wide players who are more proven and not just potential..
We could do, but he’s looked 50x the player in midfield than out wide.

Exactly, for £50m we could get in two players who would improve our attacking output now

From the Chelsea end. Not strictly a ‘bid’ in their view (nothing in writing) just a floated figure (€50m = £42.2m) and we said not thinking about selling and would need something between Richarlison & Lukaku to consider it. We want Broja permanently for c. £20m rising to £30m. Not on loan unless have an option. Tuchel does not want him to go. Stalemate there. Up to Boehly what happens next.

Player ‘swaps’ for cast-offs won't work because we will not take on big wages hence Broja the preferred target.

No, it’s simple mate. Gallagher is worth more than Gordon because he’s achieved more. No matter how much we think of Gordon he ain’t worth 50m.
But, Chelsea are the ones bidding for a player, not us.
We would not appear to be under pressure to sell.

If they actually do want Gordon they have to offer a deal that is acceptable to us.

If our price is Gallagher then if they want Gordon then they have a decision to make

Its not 2 weeks to go tho is it Mick?

Unless you think we only start looking at players on MOTD once players are sold, I can see why tho.

We will have been scouting players all last season and the season before that, we should have an idea of the who, the why and what.

You see how many deals can go through on deadline day.

It takes the stroke of a pen to sign a player.

Why are you so argumentative. We take ages to do signings when they even become agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.