Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was more pointing out you’re complaint he doesn’t score goals whilst advocating we keep Gordon who doesn’t score goals.
Fair enough

I see us needing 3 players rather than 2 if we sell Gordon. Thats a huge ask in mid August and I would have little faith in us having the plan and ability to pull it off.

I am not against selling because everyone has a price but I would prefer to keep him. It needs to be an enormous offer at this stage of the window and I think that's 50m +

I would also say I doubt we planned to sell Gordon so we will probably be making it up as we go along if we need to replace him. The thought of needing to find goalscorers and a quality wide player to avoid relegation makes me pretty worried. Maybe even a little terrified. I dont think the DOF or board are capable of doing it.

I see a deal like the following:

Gordon - out

Emerson - In (perm)
Pulisic - In (loan)
£40 million

Time to reinvest in two strikers plus bring in Gueye.

I feel like a lot of "we CAN'T sell Gordon for 50m!" shouts are thinking about a perfect scenario where Gordon both never gets injured and he improves year on year. A) It's Everton, he's most likely going to lose a leg in about 3 months and B) there is a very real possibility that this is as good as he gets. They're paying for potential. There is a lot of risk on potential.
Exactly mate and both financially and in terms of squad quality we are in no position to take risks. Chelsea absolutely can. 50m for an academy prospect does so much for the finances, and can be translated into greater quality / end product for right now. We are right to hold off for a little more but we have to click the accept button pretty soon.

Fair enough

I see us needing 3 players rather than 2 if we sell Gordon. Thats a huge ask in mid August and I would have little faith in us having the plan and ability to pull it off.

I am not against selling because everyone has a price but I would prefer to keep him. It needs to be an enormous offer at this stage of the window and I think that's 50m +

I would also say I doubt we planned to sell Gordon so we will probably be making it up as we go along if we need to replace him. The thought of needing to find goalscorers and a quality wide player to avoid relegation makes me pretty worried. Maybe even a little terrified. I dont think the DOF or board are capable of doing it.

I mean his list did include two goalscorer (Broja and Terrier) plus a creative mid MGW. It’s more output than one Gordon.

Not that I think those sorts of deals will happen.

Wtf do we need Emerson for?!
Hair stylist for DCL?

middlesbrough-emerson-317-merlin-premier-league-97-football-sticker-64710-p.jpg

Batsyuahi is very average and wouldn't fill.me with confidence.
I admittedly don’t know anything, but Batshuayi scores at a markedly better pace than anyone on the squad (1 goal per 97 minutes for Chelsea) — including DCL (1 goal per 214 minutes). Even used sparingly off the bench, he’d be a massive upgrade in attack, and the cash that came as part of any deal might purchase a true starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.