2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree but who was it the fans actually managed yo connect with last season. Richy and Gordon and then you go sell both.

That basically shows us everything we need to know about the respect fir supporters from the owner and board.
Yeah but why did we connect with them? Why did we connect with Gordon? It wasn't because of what he did to save us from relegation.

Why though mate? You dont get points for playing homegrown players.

Most of our homegrown talent have stabbed us in the back anyway - Rooney and Barkley to name just two.

My most favorite Everton players are all none homegrown (Cahill, Lukaku, Richarlison).

Rooney didn't stab us in the back at all mate, he was stabbed in the back by Blue Bill.

An 18yo completely niave young lad manipulated by Kenwright and his agent effectively told to save the club you love you have to go, then span into a narrative which out him as the bad guy and Kenwright as the victim and one the happy clappers lapped up.

I always say I wont call for a manager's head in his first season....and I'm not.

Consistency.
You said you always back them for their full season. If you aren't supporting him, then you aren't backing him. I've already been to the vaults if it's needed.

You did say you don't call for dismissal in that time following that. But as said above, you also stated that you either support or oppose with there being no middle ground. But now there is?

I feel like we're in a good position for this transfer saga.

We don't need to sell and I can't believe Gordon would push for a move. Especially after what happened to the last person who tread that path...

If he goes, we'll get good money for him. He's not indispensable.

Just spoke to someone who said “Evertonians booing another talent out of their own team” and I pushed back on this but now I think about it maybe he has a point. Seems the same people who chased Lukaku out and still won’t accept DCL developing into a fine striker.
Only thing he's developing is his imprint in the physio table.

He learned this under Ferguson. He learned from the best.

You said you always back them for their full season. If you aren't supporting him, then you aren't backing him. I've already been to the vaults if it's needed.

You did say you don't call for dismissal in that time following that. But as said above, you also stated that you either support or oppose with there being no middle ground. But now there is?
You had your answer mate. Ilm not going round in circles for you again.

It might have come in part as a result of us pushing to sign Broja, Batshuayi etc - we don’t know what else is going on there

It’s a lot of money to pay for potential though and an attacking player who hasn’t really scored or assisted so far

He could be the new Jeffers - he was quick
It is a lot of money. I would not be surprised at all if he stayed and I'd have no issue with it. But if we do get £50m for offered then I think the club would be mad not to seriously consider it.

It might have come in part as a result of us pushing to sign Broja, Batshuayi etc - we don’t know what else is going on there

It’s a lot of money to pay for potential though and an attacking player who hasn’t really scored or assisted so far

He could be the new Jeffers - he was quick
Jeffers failing had zero today with not being talented enough but all about the lads personality and lack of professionalism mate, I know that for a certainty from someone very close to him

I've wanted to post on Gordon for a bit. It's been a bit of a mad couple of weeks for him.

There seems to be an unusually high animosity towards him, that borders on the ridiculous. 12 month ago he was a lad who didn't get into a Preston team (albeit partially down to a new manger and position change) and was really on the fringes of the team. 12 months on, he won our player of the year scored soem critical goals and in a team full of players who at times threw the towel in worked his absolute socks off for the team, irrespective of his ability.

It seems like people have really made their minds up that he is going to be some sort of scapegoat before the season started. I have no idea why. He hasn't cost us a huge fee, he isn't taking up huge wages and he has shown the sort of attitude we would all want to see.
The first two games he has been fine. On both the games the commentators (impartial) have commented how well he has done and how he needs extra help. One of the teams we have played against have subsequently bid over 40m. Yet some people would have you believe he was poor the last 2 games. You throw in that he was playing out of position in those two games, for the good of the team and it gives a wider context of those performances.

He is clearly a very good player for us, when played in position, and arguably out of position, or best attacking outlet. He was inches away from scoring our first goal of the season and being the only player who has scored for us.

There is a wider question about at what point you sell any player. I don't think any club can be so brazen as to not have a figure it sells a player, and honestly a club in our position can't. A bid of around 50m fulfills that in my view. I suspect it may come in, and theclub would have to strongly consider it.

If it doesn't go through though, none of that should be taken out on Gordon. It's not the lad himself's fault that people have a certain value on him. He's not the one robbing you of 45m or whatever. he is just a lad, who played an important role in keeping us up, and probably making an enormous profit for the club. That probably needs to be factored in, in some of the evaluations that we have seen.

Bless you Catcher, you've summed it up perfectly

This post should be read by every Evertonian the world over

It is a lot of money. I would not be surprised at all if he stayed and I'd have no issue with it. But if we do get £50m for offered then I think the club would be mad not to seriously consider it.
I’d actually be surprised if Gordon himself would want to take the risk of going at this stage and it could be that that kills the deal

At his age surely much better to play every game for Everton, which he’s lucky to be doing and might not be in an alternative history if we’d kept James and Richarlison and DCL had stayed fit

Status
Not open for further replies.