2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i think the squad needed balancing and incremental improvement, also better luck with injuries - i think we achieved it or are likely to. My concern presently is a lack of creativity - that were the lack of balance is right now, selling young Anthony does little to improve it.

Change is fine, but it should be incremental, we had a number of squad places we needed to improve on:

Onanna for Delph
Vinarge - Kenny
McNeill - Sigurrdson
Coady and JT - nominal to improve the back line.

Its about making those squad place viable and useful - because they haven't been for the investment.

In the vacum we still have replacing Richarlison - we have a ready made replacement - Gordon, we've already gotten 52 mill out of that squad place. Loosing Gordon is a body blow to far in the wrong area of the pitch with two weeks left in the window in an area of the pitch we cant afford to be light.

Imagine trying to go for other players now, with them knowing we have 40-50 mill burning a hole in our pockets and cant score or create for love nor money - its fine saying sure we can but other players, we are at the markets end now, there is less availability and clubs are going to rinse us.

Change should be incremental, its a process rather then an event.

Building a forward line in the last two weeks of the window is a fools errand and an unnecessary and honestly stupid risk to take.

For this reason selling Gordon is a hard no from me.
I don’t get it at all, I actually think he’s a bit crap, I have no idea why Chelsea have bid so high, I don’t understand why we haven’t taken it, which I guess is why I work in manufacturing and not premier league football

New contract incoming UTFT!

Massive new contract i would think mate, we know what we have - we mind to mind this investment.

The future is Ginger with Ropy Kecks.

1660558439292.png

How does 'goal involvement' work though mate?

Also, I'd be looking to replace Gordon with someone like Gibbs White.

I'd like to see what his goal involvements are

Gibbs White in the premier league his goal involvement is 1 mate in I believe more games than Gordon.

£50 mill is peanuts mate, the club could easily throw that into a black hole of losses, no problem - in fact be a very good year to loose that little.
£50m pretty much sorts out our P&L for the next few seasons mate when you combine it with the €30m we have coming in for Kean bu June 30.

I think we need to keep him. If he goes we are literally toothless.
We're toothless with him...

He's scored four goals, 1 of which wasn't intentional and 2 of which were massive deflections, and he doesn't really create great chances.

I think he'll improve in all of those things but if Chelsea offer £50m we can easily reinvest it in players who will give us some bite, to stick with the nashers analogy.

I don’t get it at all, I actually think he’s a bit crap, I have no idea why Chelsea have bid so high, I don’t understand why we haven’t taken it, which I guess is why I work in manufacturing and not premier league football

I honestly dont see how anyone can watch him play and not see the absolute quality and potential mate - i mean that in a very respectful way as we all have different opinions, i honestly cant get my head around it. I read some of the comments here and think im watching different football matches, i go back and look again to see if i have the wrong of it and i honestly cant see anything else but quality and massive potential. If we signed him we would be made up.

You know i see it in young Patterson to - though i know he has a way to go - you can see the quality that going to develop to make him a top top player.

Status
Not open for further replies.