2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sense at last!

AG CONTRACT.PNG

Are you suggesting that it is impossible to better that by investing his fee in a 2 strikers ?

No I'm suggesting that you improve your scoring as a team by retaining the players who contributed significantly to it and adding to that.

Not by selling a lad who in his first real season and at only 20 in a utter car crash situation contributed to 20% of the teams goals

Oh no, dont kid yourdelf I'm kneejerk like you and most of the rest of the pitchforkers....I dont wont Lampard out. I just withdraw any goodwill toward him and if we have a run of bad form I wont be there fighting his corner for him as I do with all managers.

That's me done with FL if this sale goes ahead....and there will be many many more who'll turn their backs on Lampard altogether if we go on a bad run...like you I expect.
Aww bless your little cotton socks.

On top of giving us FFP breathing room, Gordon has to be sold to continue work on the new stadium
You could be right
(IF)
Heart says no, but Head says he may be sacrificed on the alter(s) of FFP & S, cash for the ground, cash for players and all round pragmatism.
For all we know the cash...if it happens...may disappear I to the Arteta money black hole.

Chelsea are buying for the future - they can afford to

It may be an offer we can't refuse - we can't afford not to. Especially given Gordon could go the way of Jeffers, Rodwell and Barkley.

Edit; @davek...and others? With FFP etc Lampard may will have no say

Probably the best reason to sell Gordon is that Lampard seems to favour playing with 3 CDs and have recruited for playing with 3/5 players in defence.

Meaning that if Everton are ever going to play with a three men midfield, we are likely to see a 352 formation. And for Everton to be successful, I cant see a place for Gordon in the starting eleven in matches we play 352.

Play Onana and Iwobi in the midfield. With Gueye. Spend a third of the Gordon money on James Garner. Same age, more talented and born on Merseyside.

It will be easier to get a new striker to play with DCL than to get a talented backup for him. Batshuayi and Adams are names that I dont like as lone strikers, but as a part of a two I am sure they can do a job.

No I'm suggesting that you improve your scoring as a team by retaining the players who contributed significantly to it and adding to that.

Not by selling a lad who in his first real season and at only 20 in a utter car crash situation contributed to 20% of the teams goals
And how do you do that with no funds ?

I think your argument, that there is something more intangible represented by Gordon is probably fair. I can't find an answer to it. I completely understand the principle of there's no price to accept for certain players.

I don't share that outlook, but I do understand it. I'm a lot more cynical about the game mate, which is not necessrily a good thing, but it is a thing.

Here's the thing though for me mate, my 7yo loves it when Gordon gets the ball, he's nit thinking how much he's worth or if he has a good season we can sell him for more etc. He just gets excited/happy watching him playing for us and the passion he shows.

If you remove that from football imo the games not worth bothering with

Status
Not open for further replies.