2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch and follow the kids sides for the love of the game or because I have any interest in the games or players beyond if anyone is going to play for Everton's first team.

From a financial point of view he's done his job if he is sold but from an emotional investment point of view there's literally no point.

Each to their own and fair play to those who religiously follow the kids sides but there's no reason I can see to get excited about youth players anymore unless you get excited about money.

I get what you say and if we were finishing 7th to 9th every season there would be a huge argument against selling, the uplift would be minimal. We need to get to that level again.

Certainly shouldn't be paying him anywhere near 120k a week so thays gotta be bull. I should imagine he's on about 20k currently and I think until his output massively improves his contract should be well under 50k.

If that's true, offering a player 120k a week then it's no wonder we are in such a financial mess.
Even performance based, that could rise to that. But it would need serious input into the amount of goals we score.

Just offering him £120k is a poor decision IMO

I honestly dont see how anyone can watch him play and not see the absolute quality and potential mate - i mean that in a very respectful way as we all have different opinions, i honestly cant get my head around it. I read some of the comments here and think im watching different football matches, i go back and look again to see if i have the wrong of it and i honestly cant see anything else but quality and massive potential. If we signed him we would be made up.

You know i see it in young Patterson to - though i know he has a way to go - you can see the quality that going to develop to make him a top top player.
Tbf I think most really do see that quality and potential.

They also see that £50m right now would be a hell of a good deal.

It sorts it all right this year alright mate, we are projected to make a loss of £80 mill 22/23. But thats standing still and not reinvesting.
Well we know that it'd likely be in instalments so it would appease next year's accounts etc.

Honestly think we'd be mad to turn it down if - big if mind - they do offer that.

But if he stays I'm happy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.