2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon when he finds out Thomas is now his coach.

9EB287DF-5535-4023-9437-E4A78C562454.jpeg

Luckily our Magnum P.I @BlueToff has confirmed it's bull
It has been in discussion since the spurs bid in July. His agent has clearly played a blinder but I get what your saying, as good as he is he has to get some Mike's behind him before he should be in the hundred grand odd a week club.

Tbf I think most really do see that quality and potential.

They also see that £50m right now would be a hell of a good deal.

It seems the way alright - or people just like the drama of the window and the hope we will improve, transfers become exciting and addictive even if they arent good - that subjective hope that we will pull that plumb and change our fortunes.

You wouldn't sell your house this year for 500k, if you backed yourself with a reasonable chance to sell for 800k next year. if you look after it, do some work in improving it and making it a greater asset. The lad hasnt even had a full season as a starter and he cost us next to nothing. Thats the other thing, he holds no amortisation and his wage isnt even the annual canteen budget. While he is the lad we are anointing to replace the player we got 60 mill for. He enables an awful lot in terms of value. If you cross reference that with say a McNeill - its 4 mill a year in amortisation and 3-4 mill in wages, taking on about 7-8mill in costs for him.

£50 mill isn't an isolated figure, you have to take into account the replacements costs and what that adds to our already dire balance sheet - you see how much a McNeill costs us, Anthony is like hitting the jackpot, its the whole reason we have an academy.

It has been in discussion since the spurs bid in July. His agent has clearly played a blinder but I get what your saying, as good as he is he has to get some Mike's behind him before he should be in the hundred grand odd a week club.

I don't think that £120k story is true. I can't find it anywhere.

Let's be honest, he doesn't deserve £120k yet.

It sorts it all right this year alright mate, we are projected to make a loss of £80 mill 22/23. But thats standing still and not reinvesting.

That this years accounts mate for this coming season or the one just gone?

Honestly dont see how we keep making losses when other clubs around us have equally tons of players on 80-100k a week contracts and we've just sold Richarlison.

I honestly dont see how anyone can watch him play and not see the absolute quality and potential mate - i mean that in a very respectful way as we all have different opinions, i honestly cant get my head around it. I read some of the comments here and think im watching different football matches, i go back and look again to see if i have the wrong of it and i honestly cant see anything else but quality and massive potential. If we signed him we would be made up.

You know i see it in young Patterson to - though i know he has a way to go - you can see the quality that going to develop to make him a top top player.
Weirdly I see more in Patterson, I think Gordon looks busy with the ball but ultimately doesn’t achieve much, I thought this last season too. This season is completely unfair due to him being played out of position. It’s funny how people see the same thing and interpret it differently, I’m not claiming to be right by the way, it’s all opinions, but I feel like we need the money more than waiting for him to become a superstar which may never happen. But it’s interesting that if the bid was real and we turned it down then we clearly don’t need the money to do what we need to do

This is a very strange position to take.

Is it? At the moment, it’s much ado about nothing, but I guarantee we will see the club being commended for not selling Gordon should no bid arise.

I would happily sell Gordon for 40 million. However, I think we would have been better off had we kept Gordon and not wasted 20 million on McNeil.

Status
Not open for further replies.