2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Everyone on GOT now saying he’s not very good,

I give you your votes on a game by game basis over the entire of last season.

You voted for him..,,

we proudly announce that the GrandOldTeam.com Player of the Season for 2021/22 as voted for by the fans throughout the course of the season is Anthony Gordon

* without him last season, Unthinkable

Do you think a bid would be incoming then mate? Or would that only happen if Gordon was sold?
Honest answer - I don't know.

I can't see Rennes accepting our payment structure if we didn't have more cash to play with, though, and Terrier is definitely more of a wide forward than a striker and I think our priority right now with the squad as it stands has to be a striker.

If we got £50m, that opens up so much more to spend, so I'd imagine if they did really want him, which has been suggested, he'd be a realistic target.

You voted for him..,,

He played very well for large parts of the season, when he should never have been relied on as much as he was.

I do think the fact we did rely on him so much to be our main creative fulcrum did also play its part in us finishing 16th.

That's not on Gordon, it's on the club.

But fgs, Evertonians all the time look at other clubs and say 'why can't we do that' when we see a player who cost little or nothing (like in this case) go for big money based on one or two half-decent seasons.

If Gordon is sold, then in the space of a year he'll have gone from someone who would have been loaned out had the Diaz deal been completed, to a player we're selling for pure profit of circa £50m.

Really don't think that's the case.

We've turned down one bid and we're expected to turn down the second, unless Gordon really did force it.

We set our price at £50m. If someone offers to pay it, we'll come to table.

And £50m for the lad is an absolute goldmine.
Its very late in the window. And we've gone 7 weeks with no Richarlison replacement and wasted valuable cash on McNeil.

I think they turn this deal down out of hand if they were confident they already had the cash to get the players we need. I think they've realised theyve messed up and are now happy to sell and get more funds.

But if we do get the 50m then we have to accept it and move on. Its a lot of money and they can be judged on how they use it. They have to deliver the goods.

Its very late in the window. And we've gone 7 weeks with no Richarlison replacement and wasted valuable cash on McNeil.

I think they turn this deal down out of hand if they were confident they already had the cash to get the players we need. I think they've realised theyve messed up and are now happy to sell and get more funds.

But if we do get the 50m then we have to accept it and move on. Its a lot of money and they can be judged on how they use it. They have to deliver the goods.
Richarlison is hard to replace and the club have failed so far, absolutely.

But Richarlison was sold to appease P&L. That £60m hasn't been available to spend.

I don't think Gordon's output is particularly hard to replace.

And if we do sell him, we'll have £50m to spend + the room it creates for us to be able to pay more in downpayments, which has been the issue all summer.

Richarlison is hard to replace and the club have failed so far, absolutely.

I don't think Gordon's output is particularly hard to replace.
We should be able to replace Gordon's goals but time will tell if we can. I'm a bit nervous about it.

We will struggle to replace his attitude, pace and pressing though. In a better Everton team he would have been great. I really believe that.

We should be able to replace Gordon's goals but time will tell if we can. I'm a bit nervous about it.

We will struggle to replace his attitude, pace and pressing though. In a better Everton team he would have been great. I really believe that.
I've amended my original post.

And honestly, pressing isn't some unique thing and neither is pace. That's much more - in good teams - about actually having a structure in place, at least with the pressing. Pace obviously an individual asset.

You voted for him..,,

we proudly announce that the GrandOldTeam.com Player of the Season for 2021/22 as voted for by the fans throughout the course of the season is Anthony Gordon

Based on the collective performances of a car crash season I wouldn't be too proud of being player of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.