2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its big picture stuff mate, look at who we've sold we've asset stripped the squad bare of any guile creativity and threat.

We've lost Bernard, Rodriguiz, Digne, Gylfi, Richarlison and maybe Gordon - while DCL has been cocked for a calendar year.

Given how we finished last season - we couldnt score - we needed to add to what we had not sell more of it - its bananas.

I honestly dont know how people can think selling Gordon improves our situation at all systemically, we should be up in arms.

We're actually clapping our own demise.
Excellent post!

Its big picture stuff mate, look at who we've sold we've asset stripped the squad bare of any guile creativity and threat.

We've lost Bernard, Rodriguiz, Digne, Gylfi, Richarlison and maybe Gordon - while DCL has been cocked for a calendar year.

Given how we finished last season - we couldnt score - we needed to add to what we had not sell more of it - its bananas.

I honestly dont know how people can think selling Gordon improves our situation at all systemically, we should be up in arms.

Classic Kenwright make us feel like we should be grateful because of their total mismanagement. Totally agree all the goals and assists have been stripped out of the team. I still naively hope we can bring some in but it's another tough season for us no matter if we do as now it's half a team we need with threat and goals I can't see that in two weeks from this club.

Here Is another option. Sell Gordon for 45 but insist on Broja on loan. If Chelsea balk, we are no worse off. If they agree, then spend on a quality player or two next summer instead of overpaying with just a couple of weeks or so left in this window.

Rather have that loan with an option to buy, otherwise you're just progressing his career and making him a better player for Chelsea.

I agree with pretty much all of this, except that Bernard is a miss lol

Heard we've driving this deal aggressively:
  • £35m paid up front
  • Broja on loan with option to buy for £20m
  • Gallagher on loan with option to buy for £25m
  • 20% sell-on clause and first option on Gordon if he's ever for sale
  • Chelsea must purchase 50 tickets for each of the first 7 nights showing of Bill Kenwright's new production of Blood Brothers, live soon in the West End.
All of that is believable apart from the fact that we can't loan 2 players as we already have Coady on loan. The last point does give it some credibility though

I think the point is though mate Gordons sale would allow us to bring 3-4 attacking / creative signings pal.

Hypothetical but say Gordon goes and we brought in Broja, Terrier, Gibbs-White & Gana , you couldn't argue the squad is overall better/stronger.

If we keep Gordon over £45-50 millions I'll be gutted as I've never rated him that highly truth be told.

Bernard was rubbish, James had zero interest in us, Digne down tools and was crap for 18 months, Sig would be out of contract by now and most fans slagged him off anyway, Richarlison is a miss of course but Gordon doesn't offer much.
From that list only Richarlison is a miss
You could literally see how much of a miss Siggurdson and Digne were last season. We came 16th!

Well if you've been watching what's happening mate, it's quite clear. We have sold Richarlison, and will sell Gordon.

A bit like selling Rodwell, Stones, Barkley, Jeffers, Ball, Rooney etc as young players.

This is not some out their conspiracy. The conspiracy is not acknowledging we sell our best young players at a young age.
That six names over 20 odd years, hardly backs up what you say. Besides Rodwell hardly played, Stones wanted to go and win titles, Barkley had issues away from our control, Jeffers I kind of agree on but we got a good fed and a top club wanted him, Ball was OK and Rooney was well out of our depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.