2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
50m would make him I think top 5 all time England u23 transfers
So?

Chelsea have shown they are willing to pay enormous fees this summer. £63m on a left back, 20 odd million on a lad from Villa who played a couple of games and had only a year left, rumours of over £80m for Fofana.

Pay our valuation or he stays should be the simple message and stand firm.

This is true

At his age and development stage that is a lot of money and, much as it pains me to say it, we'd probably need to take it

It's despicable that we've been run so badly that we need to even consider this, but that lies upon the shoulders of the toss pot in your avatar
I think a well run club is taking this offer though.

I mean for comparison if Chelsea go to Brighton with 45m for Mac Allister they aren't turning that down right? Or at the very least they're saying give us a little more but we can get this done.

We're telling them we don't want to sell. That's utterly mad.

So?

Chelsea have shown they are willing to pay enormous fees this summer. £63m on a left back, 20 odd million on a lad from Villa who played a couple of games and had only a year left, rumours of over £80m for Fofana.

Pay our valuation or he stays should be the simple message and stand firm.
So we're getting a premium.

He was one of the best players on a team that barely scraped past relegation, it isn't the compliment you think it is.

This goes for Gordon as well.
We should biting Chelsea hands off over Gordon at 50 mill if they go that high, or we will regret it, Gordon will regret moving there to warm their bench but c'est la vie.

Richy was different class a proven Brazilian forward in a team of quite simply poor footballers, he will thrive surrounded by Son and Kane etc, Gordon may well prove me wrong but I dont see him becoming World Class.

Here’s the problem though: we reject 50m and try to offer a new contract his agent rightly says “OK, you’ve just said he’s a 60m player, pay him as such”, and 60m players get paid a fortune. So then we have not only missed out on 50m we’ll have added millions to our wage bill. And then if his form dips or he doesn’t develop we won’t be able to get anything for him because no club will match the wages of a 60m player for a 20m player.

And if we don’t offer him that level of contract he becomes unhappy, agitates for a move and his value starts to drop.

If you’re going to reject 50m for him and as a result have to pay him that level of wage you have to be damn sure he’s that level of player.
What if his form doesn't dip and he becomes a player worth 100m.

The assessment Chelsea have obviously made is that this is a young lad going right to the top and they want to get in at their definition of basement price.

Gordon should now get a big pay rise, he has now become a valuable asset for the club.

Credit due to the academy.

We should biting Chelsea hands off over Gordon at 50 mill if they go that high, or we will regret it, Gordon will regret moving there to warm their bench but c'est la vie.

Richy was different class a proven Brazilian forward in a team of quite simply poor footballers, he will thrive surrounded by Son and Kane etc, Gordon may well prove me wrong but I dont see him becoming World Class.
This is what I don't get though, what is the actual difference between 45m and 50m? Just do it.

I can tell you the difference between 45m and 0 and it isn't pretty for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.