2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astonishing that absolutely NO questions are being asked about the amount of money Chelsea are spunking this season, Boehly surely has to have some FFP or Profit and Sustainability accountability?

Its a freakin joke this Big 6 nonsense! Blind eyes everywhere!

Screw for 100 Million for christ sake!

they were effectively out of business less than 3 months ago!
I posted in the World Football forum about just how obvious it is that they'd come out of the Abramovich 'saga' well and truly smelling of roses and be in a much stronger position than they have been in years. Was spot on about it too.

This is what I don't get though, what is the actual difference between 45m and 50m? Just do it.

I can tell you the difference between 45m and 0 and it isn't pretty for us.
Its a fair point but if its book balancing rather than to spend then the extra 5 mill may be needed?

Wish I knew the answer to be fair but either way an extra 5 mill either balancing or wages or a higher fee for us to pay then 5 mill is 5 mill

Think he's going to be an okay/decent premiership player.

He'll either stay here and be like someone similar to Andros Townsend. Bright sparks early in his career, hit a ceiling pretty early, float around midtable.

Or we cash in and he does the same but at a top table team before being loaned out for 3 years.
I didn't realise Chelsea were trying to sign Andros Townsend for 45m when he was 21.

What if his form doesn't dip and he becomes a player worth 100m.

The assessment Chelsea have obviously made is that this is a young lad going right to the top and they want to get in at their definition of basement price.

Gordon should now get a big pay rise, he has now become a valuable asset for the club.

Credit due to the academy.
But he could flop or become injury prone and we might only get 5m for him in 2 years time, but we don’t know either way, but forget what he will or will not become because £50 million doesn’t grow on trees and we need that sort of money now to seriously push on with out team rebuilding.

Its a fair point but if its book balancing rather than to spend then the extra 5 mill may be needed?

Wish I knew the answer to be fair but either way an extra 5 mill either balancing or wages or a higher fee for us to pay then 5 mill is 5 mill
And 0 is 0.

Look we obviously don't know the dialogue, if we're turning it down but with a wink, a smile and encouragement that we're going to find a way to agree that is fine, if we're just sending it back like there is no number big enough it is a major problem.

I think a well run club is taking this offer though.

I mean for comparison if Chelsea go to Brighton with 45m for Mac Allister they aren't turning that down right? Or at the very least they're saying give us a little more but we can get this done.

We're telling them we don't want to sell. That's utterly mad.
The fact that this is not the first bid would suggest that we are willing to meet at some figure (whatever that figure may be) and that the "we won't sell" line is what is being issued to the press to soften the blow on the club/board when it does happen.

The fact that this is not the first bid would suggest that we are willing to meet at some figure (whatever that figure may be) and that the "we won't sell" line is what is being issued to the press to soften the blow on the club/board when it does happen.
It could be. I would rather they were honest, said that 45m/50m/whatever is too much for the player and as a club with both financial issues and multiple players needed to put out a top squad we had to take it. Then reinvest it rapidly and honestly is anyone mad about it?

And 0 is 0.

Look we obviously don't know the dialogue, if we're turning it down but with a wink, a smile and encouragement that we're going to find a way to agree that is fine, if we're just sending it back like there is no number big enough it is a major problem.
Im fairly sure we are not dismissing it at all, we know we have to sell and everyone has a price and all that jazz!

And 0 is 0.

All the indications are the clubs are still talking. That wouldn't happen if we had made it clear he wasn't for sale at any price.

Just because publicly the message is not for sale, doesn't mean the player is not for sale. This is going how most Everton transfers out used to go under BK.

Status
Not open for further replies.