Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont have the players for 523 / 343 once Gordon leaves.

I think it will be 352 and we'll need to have better central midfielders and at least 2 more forwards.
But that’s what you think, at present we play with two midfielders so we don’t need someone to always sit.

We have 9 midfielders in the first team, but 1 fat striker and 3 wingers, one of which looks like he’s leaving. Oh and Dele, who’s been utterly useless and who even knows what his position is anyway. No money should be going anywhere other that for attackers.

Garner is a good player and we’d probably only make profit on him, but we can’t look at him until we’ve signed 2/3 attackers and sold 2/3 midfielders

We don’t play with a sitter though. If it’s 2 in midfield then they need to get about the pitch.

Cant onana play as a sitting midfielder?

Think Onana is best playing deeper but with licence to get the ball and drive forwards -

I don’t know why you think this. It’s like the people who thought Dele would be in the team this season. Frank plays 3-4-3. He’s never started 2 up top since he’s been here.

Thelwell wrote the book on 352

Even if Lampard goes for a 433 or 343 we wont currently have the players for those formations once Gordon goes.

For me, i wonder if we'll go for flexible players and those who can deliver end product.

For me, ideally those like Terrier, Garner, MGW and Gallagher would be the ones I'd want.

They can all play multiple positions and fit several formations and have huge upside.

As for centre forward, i'd try to loan Broja or someone.

Our defence and midfield would be 'complete' and we can look at DCL/Kean situations next summer.

So this is where Moshiri has brought us. Fighting in the transfer market for the likes of Che Adams and Neil Maupay. Selling or fending off bids for our best players (although it's debatable whether Gordon is).

….blimey, Ste, you hinted this morning that the club were pushing Gordon out.

I’m old, I can’t keep up with all this!!

I think they're trying mate to do so.

But two factors extra are involved, Gordon and Lampard - I think if either refuse then it'll be incredibly hard to push a sale through

Maupay.png

I found this very surprising.

So this is where Moshiri has brought us. Fighting in the transfer market for the likes of Che Adams and Neil Maupay. Selling or fending off bids for our best players (although it's debatable whether Gordon is).

Maupay finished in a team comfortably above us last year, outscored all our players on the way. He might not be fashionable per se but he knows where the net is and he's a snide !

Thelwell wrote the book on 352

Even if Lampard goes for a 433 or 343 we wont currently have the players for those formations once Gordon goes.

For me, i wonder if we'll go for flexible players and those who can deliver end product.

For me, ideally those like Terrier, Garner, MGW and Gallagher would be the ones I'd want.

They can all play multiple positions and fit several formations and have huge upside.

As for centre forward, i'd try to loan Broja or someone.

Our defence and midfield would be 'complete' and we can look at DCL/Kean situations next summer.

Thelwell ain’t the manager. I don’t like our formation but it’s what we play.

We could have played 3-5-2 last year with Allan/Doucs/Iwobi behind Richi and DCL. But we didn’t.

Based on ?

Chelsea are showing a willingness to bid and will soon reach our asking price
He'll be asking to go because it's Chelsea
The money allows the club to fix their FFP issues and the new DOF gets to build a squad without asking the Prem if we can spend every time we want someone

All signs pointing towards what all parties will see as ideal

Chelsea are showing a willingness to bid and will soon reach our asking price
He'll be asking to go because it's Chelsea
The money allows the club to fix their FFP issues and the new DOF gets to build a squad

All signs pointing towards what all parties will see as ideal

I know all that. I thought you had some insider info

Status
Not open for further replies.