Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we continue to play 5-2-3 then we don’t need one to sit behind two others like you’ve mentioned

We desperately need attackers so we shouldn’t even be thinking about another midfielder

We dont have the players for 523 / 343 once Gordon leaves.

I think it will be 352 and we'll need to have better central midfielders and at least 2 more forwards.

Who's on your list oh wise Transfer guru?
Not Neil Maupay, Pukki, Broja or any other definitely average at best PL striker.

And yeah I know Broja is young and likely to improve but it is either a loan where the eventual improvement won't matter or a permanent that is an overpay. Or I guess a permanent where Chelsea get him back cheap if he's actually decent.

Gana will charge around like a tackle machine.

We're still left with no one who can sit in defensive midfield.

I know why were after Gana but id much rather bring in Garner. Tremendous potential and we wouldnt lose money on him.

We don’t play with a sitter though. If it’s 2 in midfield then they need to get about the pitch.

We dont have the players for 523 / 343 once Gordon leaves.

I think it will be 352 and we'll need to have better central midfielders and at least 2 more forwards.

I don’t know why you think this. It’s like the people who thought Dele would be in the team this season. Frank plays 3-4-3. He’s never started 2 up top since he’s been here.

I don't think it's as straight forward as he wants to go mate.

I don't believe for a second he's pushing it wants to leave mate no, and think Lampard wants him to stsy too, other hand I think Blue Bill wants to sell him.

Ask yourself, approaching the third game of the season, one we have to look at winning, why hasn’t the likes of Richarlison been replaced and genuine competition for DCL, regardless of injury, has not been sorted.

Gordon goes, suddenly they will sort out those issues or appear to. The lack of goals in this team needed sorting and it looks like Gordon has to go to make that happen.

Gordon staying I think.

Dele leaving early has likely just saved us a 10m outlay which we'd have had to have put aside for it, if wages are covered too and any loan fee received say 1.5m, then we could be looking at 15-16m off costs there mate

….blimey, Ste, you hinted this morning that the club were pushing Gordon out.

I’m old, I can’t keep up with all this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back