Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunno if it’s a coincidence but not having to budget 10m for Dele’s appearances and not paying him 5m wages = 15m = Maupay / Adams / whoever. If we are at the bottom of the budget it’s the right thing to do to get a striker in, was hoping we weren’t quite back to sell to buy though.

Definitely running through the Kenwright transfer of a youth asset playbook here!
Screenshot_20220816-171505_Twitter.jpg

Hopefully the £10mil earmarked for Dele and the saving in wages covers Garner.
Decent player but in midfield we now have: Onana, Doucoure, Iwobi, Allan, Gomes, Gbamin, Davies and Gueye*.

8 midfielders, without counting Warrington. We’ll need probably 2/3 to go for Garner to come in.

Plus, we don’t have anyone who can score a ‘kin goal so all money available should be going on attackers

Maupay is one that's been linked before and now only has a year left on his contract; a better player than Broja anyway, definitely one I'd hope we're keeping tabs on

Not a bad point, but he's still good on the ball and in terms of pressing from the front, very much a nuisance to defenders - I know @GrandOldTeam is a fan

Having said that perhaps we're waiting on Watford to cave on Dennis? Hard to say, I do actually think we've enough about us to pick up points in this relatively good run before the Derby, and thus pick up players that clubs are desperate to get rid of

I'm available for recruitment consultancy @KevinThelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.