Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article on the athletic Broja is discussing a new contract at Chelsea. We need to stop piss darting about. Doesn't look attainable, move on. Absolute joke we are now so far out from richy being sold with no good sriking options heading into our third game with Rondon up front. Does my head in this club.

Article on the athletic Broja is discussing a new contract at Chelsea. We need to stop piss darting about. Doesn't look attainable, move on. Absolute joke we are now so far out from richy being sold with no good sriking options heading into our third game with Rondon up front. Does my head in this club.
Only possibility is a loan, and they probably wouldnt allow that until they sign another striker

And the player himself has said previously, he doesnt want to be loaned out, so we may aswell move on - and probably shouldve done weeks ago.

Only a fool wants to bring in a few trashy forwards when a proper scouting system should identify an available top striker.

Has anyone sounded out Cavani for example? Or Belotti before Roma get him?

Both basically crocks mate who'd want 200k+

Rather have Diaz who for me is exactly one of those under the radar transfers like Cahill was back then.

Last edited:
There has never even been a rumour that Broja has wanted to join Everton, he just wants first team football. We need to give up on this one now and go for Ben Brereton Díaz
Agree why we didn't move on and couldn't sort out a forward before now is maddening. Broja was only ever coming on a loan in the last week of we were lucky. Even if DCL was fit we needed more in the final third!

I'm starting to think maybe we spent pretty much all we can spend or are allowed to spend on the Onana deal and just thought we could muddle through up front with a loan of Broja or one of the French lads. If we had the budget to actually buy a forward we could've done it a fortnight ago.

Now we've realised we aren't getting anywhere with the loans, are shaving 10m on the budget getting Dele out the door and using that to shop in the 10-15m market but far later than we should've done, while negotiating an offer for Gordon that would hopefully allow us the more extensive attacking rebuild it's increasingly clear we need.

But even with DCL back we need more this much is blindingly obvious this club is nuts
I know - we all know apart from Everton it seems, but we never do the obvious thing. the way Lewin has gone the last year, it's almost a cert he will be out again and knowing our luck it will be not long after he is back

Status
Not open for further replies.