Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the thinking; these are all solid players that should be good for around 10 goals a season

It's not spectacular, but this, along with sorting out the defence and the midfield, gives us a platform to add real quality once funds are available.

It's almost like they actually have a plan

I'm an optimist, but I have to admit, the chances of us signing and integrating a new attacker in time for Saturday is very very slim.

Also, it's quite likely that both Dele and Gordo won't be in the team... so yeah... I think we go Gana / Onana in the centre mid, and move Iwobinho to the attack on the wing, Rondonaldo upfront with McSteal on the other side

Think we need two in tbh. One central striker and someone who can play across the front:
Broja and Maupay
or
Diaz and Maupay

Would be my preference...

This why we shouldn't rush into buying someone -
Think they would be my 2 pick's, as not sold on the others at all, At least Diaz scores which makes a change been linked to a forward that scores, while Maupay will cause chaos and wont give in

Do we have to register a striker in the next 24 hours for him to be available for Saturday or is it Friday? I hope something is going on in the background because at the moment everything is so quiet.

Do we have to register a striker in the next 24 hours for him to be available for Saturday or is it Friday? I hope something is going on in the background because at the moment everything is so quiet.
should be Midday Friday, unless its changed, i hope we are not thinking Lewin will be back quicker than expected and we dont even bother getting a forward

This is why we need to take our time and work out a deal that suits us.

Panicking and spending crazy money on flash in a pan names is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Yes, but not too long either. We only have a fortnight now.

We are desperate for another option for Saturday because we need points

This is my concern. Has got something of the Niasse about his dribbling. Tends to sort of overrun it and then just bounces through people. A lot of scrappy goals that he wouldn't get in the PL, also not very fast.

However, he has plenty of pluses too, is young and has improved a lot over the last two years, so who knows.
Weird how opinion differs mate, I think his control looked excellent and he's a really clean striker of the ball.

With DCL being injured it has turned into a disaster of a window.

Would help if the window shut before the season started. Just puts bottom half clubs like ours under considerable amount of pressure. Don't have the funds to get deals done quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.