Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have to register a striker in the next 24 hours for him to be available for Saturday or is it Friday? I hope something is going on in the background because at the moment everything is so quiet.
Really unlikely that someone arrives this close to the match and starts, even if they're signed today. I suppose they might start on the bench at a push.

I thought it was odd that we didn't bring someone in soon after Calvert-Lewin was injured, but sorting a striker this week, considering the Gordon and Alli situation is even more bizarre.

….concern is why Forest sent him on loan to Blackburn & he didn’t score a goal in that loan spell. Regardless, looks ok to come in and plug a gap in the short-term;

I linked an article a few pages back mate analysing his sudden 18 month upturn in form.

Synopsis he struggled with confidence and fans in his back until s combination of lockdown and the Chile call up apparently completely turned his confidence around and he's msssively kicked on after that

CONSIDERING OTHER OPTIONS. Been after Broja since the start of the window and got nowhere, DCL been injured for two weeks, yeah maybe it's time to let go.

Just seen this, have we learn't nothing? I mentioned the other week that I had heard the player wanted to fight for his place at Chelsea and we still insist on fighting a battle thats not there. Nearly 3 games in and no striker its pathetic from the club.

gifting teams around us a head start whilst we wait for a player that Chelsea don't want to sell and in all honesty probably doesn't want to leave.
It's unbelievable. Even with DCL or another striker Chelsea and Villa away are two tough games and maybe you get zero points anyway. But Forest home is such an important match, genuinely as close to must win as you can get at this early stage, and barring something happening basically today we are going in with nothing up front.

I watched him quite a lot at Nottingham Forest and thought he was really poor but then he was young.

He's had one good season hasn't he?

I'd be concerned if I thought we had to rely on him as our main striker every week but at the right price so we can either get our money back or profit, provided it's not only him coming in then maybe as some competition to boost numbers...

18 months mate, basically he got the Chile call up and lockdown happened and it completely turned him around

Know when 18/19 he was massively touted

gifting teams around us a head start whilst we wait for a player that Chelsea don't want to sell and in all honesty probably doesn't want to leave.
Agree I don't see it happening it reminds me of when we were waiting for Giroud all summer under Koeman and his missus put a block on it. Diaz has been banging them in has age on his side and can play off the left wing. Yes get him and a Maupay or Adams. Just get on with it.

….ha, ha. i like to look at a players CV and wonder why a club like Forest sends a player on loan to Blackburn & then sells him for buttons. Happy to concede he’s kicked on of late.

Think he went for 7.5,m yanno mate which for a championship to championship transfer on a 20yo is a decent sized fee really

Status
Not open for further replies.