2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatever way you want to dress it up. He was our player of the season last year as voted by the fans and players. Teams just hoover up the best talent at teams trying to break through and just stick them on the bench.

Depressing
POTS last year is not the accolade you think it is, though you may be onto something.

Do you think we can convince the squad to vote Gomes POTS this year? If that's what it takes to entice bids...

We don't need to sell so it's not like it at all. Richarlison was the player we needed to sell (well, we just needed to sell a player for big money by June 30th and it happened that he was the one a team wanted).

It's just sensible business if Chelsea come in with an insane offer mate. We do this all the time as fans. We decry why we don't do business like Brighton but then when a possiblity to do what they do comes along we get precious.

There doesn't need to be a good or bad guy in any of this. Not the club, not Gordon. If Chelsea do come in with an offer that matches our valuation, and we decide to sell, it's just business, and at the fee quoted it would be incredibly good business.
This it’s purely business and as attached to Everton as we are we need to realise moshiri is running a business he hasn’t bought us for the love of Everton and as much as I like Gordon a 16 year old Rooney excited me much more that Gordon does or ever will, at this moment in time albeit only one season but he hasn’t shown me anything to suggest he’s going to be one of the best in the league. And right now if richarlison was £50m and Jesus 45m then we was mad to turn down 40-45 for Gordon and not even sure if we have despite reports.

He must do a lot of house hunting, Gordon only bought a new one a couple of months ago in Formby.

I think he's a smart lad (choice of kecks aside), I think he loves playing for the club and for Lampard and probably realises that career wise staying is gonna see him develop more.

If he kicks on then I can only imagine the respect he'd gain by being the one who 'stayed' when he could have jumped or been forced to jump ship would bring him

Whatever way you want to dress it up. He was our player of the season last year as voted by the fans and players. Teams just hoover up the best talent at teams trying to break through and just stick them on the bench.

Depressing
Player of the season in a terrible season for a terrible side. That doesn't make him worth anywhere near the figures that are being spoken about.
Players come and go. We were utter garbage last season and I would happily see us take offers for any of them.

What on earth do we expect? Would be a far bigger story if he replied "Yeah, defo. Smell you later, you bad meffs."
I dont expect people who are desperate to sell Gordon to believe it. I'm not saying it's believable. Just putting one out there to stand alongside all the "I know the lads agent and he's bought a house for Gordon in London" stuff.

The reality is this though: Everton are past masters at throwing a young player under the bus and getting a sale as well as absolving themselves of ANY responsibility.

Anyone contesting that hasn't been paying attention.

My mums aunts granny is married the the persons cousin who taught Gordon’s brother geography for one lesson as a support teacher in 2008 and they said blah blah blah.

If Chelsea offer him £100k pw, thousands just for showing up to the game and many millions as a signing on bonus he’ll want to move, same as absolutely any of us would

Depressing
Was he? It was Pickford according to Wiki.

My mums aunts granny is married the the persons cousin who taught Gordon’s brother geography for one lesson as a support teacher in 2008 and they said blah blah blah.

If Chelsea offer him £100k pw, thousands just for showing up to the game and many millions as a signing on bonus he’ll want to move same as absolutely any of us would
I heard he's bought these....

81iDHitTHRL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

The lad's Cheslea daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.