Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham's midfielders are far superior to ours, which takes pressure off their defence.

Newcastle signed Guimaraes who has been excellent, and unearthed a random midfield gem in Joelinton. Again, their CM energy helped them cope with having 4 at the back.

Brentford's amazing resurgence happened to coincide with them signing one of the best playmakers the league has ever seen. You seem to have overlooked that.

Arsenal have far better players than us.

Leicester have far better midfielders than us.

Palace had Gallagher in their CM last season and a very energetic forward line.

Wolves had an upturn in fortunes after switching to a 5. Chelsea won the league after doing so under Conte.

We have crap players and have had a succession of crap managers. If we struggle, I highly doubt it'll be down to the formation.

All good though ? Need a hug ?

Yes.

Some people just really hate a back 3 and want us to play like City and Liverpool by using 433, despite us not having the world class players to make it work.
They dont neccesarily have to be world class just the right players to suit the system.
Liverpool have done it with Henderson , Milner , Keita & Fabinho nowhere near world class. Then take ours ,Gomes ,Davies ,Doucoure & Allan we are a million miles away.
Change to Onana ,Gana , maybe adding Gilmour , Gibbs White even Harry Winks and we could think about that sysyem.
So its a back 3 or 5 until those players are in place.

Chelsea and Spurs?

Chelsea front 3 is Havertz, Mount and Sterling. Havertz and Mount don`t play as wingers but as 2 x No.10s so affectively they have 4 in CM.

Spurs have Harry Kane who drops deep, ever wondered why? To be the 3rd CM player and mark the deepest of the opponents 3.

But again, they have 2 actual CM's and don't get bullied. We can also play with attackers who drop back to occupy the opposition defensive mid or tuck inside, McNeil came inside a lot at the weekend.

We got bullied because neither Doucoure or Iwobi are strong in the middle.

Or 4-3-3 like West Ham and qualify for Europe with less superior players.

Or 4-3-3 like Newcastle who were 10 points behind us and finished 10 points ahead of us using a stable system not flip flopping between 4 or 5 formations like we did, including this 5-2-3 most. Their squad is a similar level as ours.

Or like Brentford when it looked like they were going down, went to a 4-3-3 rose up the league.

Or 4-2-3-1 like Arsenal

Or 4-2-3-1 like Leicester

Or 4-3-3 and be hard to beat like Palace

The majority of our points (65%, 13 points from 20) came from playing a back 4, I just want enough points to not be involved in anything like last season then experiment with your long term philosophy, we were consistently a top half team until last season using 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, the only thing that has changed is a toxic kopite manager and 2 managers who favour this 5-2-3.

I will also add that as defensive as Allardyce was he never even went to 5 at the back.
Tbf, I think if you look closer, Frank hasn't flip flopped quite as much as your suggesting, he had been totally destroyed with injuries so had to try and find systems which made us harder to beat with absolute drivel on the pitch.
I will however agree if we continue to play 5 at the back with a new snappier squad....Frank should get a clean sheet this season ...starting in 2 weeks time.

I mean, other teams play 3-4-3 and don't get bullied in midfield.
I think some of that is because their front 3 press properly and with intelligence, so lots of the passes into the midfield area are rushed and telegraphed.

We are poor at pressing (plenty effort but we don’t spot when and where to funnel the ball/opposition). How many times did Richy pressure a defender into a slightly dodgy blind pass, then realise no one had anticipated it, cue him throwing his arms up.

We are also very poor at beating the press. If we don’t have a focal point striker as an out ball by Brentford, we will not get past the edge of our box in the first half.

It’s a bit whack a mole at the moment. Problems in many areas of the pitch are actually due to problems elsewhere, so replacing one player with a better player makes precious little difference. Hence why after 3 games all managers end up being “pragmatic”

Today is today and tomorrow is tomorrow and the day after is Saturday which means that's in 2 days.

Next week is next week, that'll come and go and then we'll be into the following week and I'll be another week older and had far too many cups of teas and spent far too long looking at YT links of players we ain't going to sign.

Give me Chris Wood for 6m and be done with it Everton you shower of hourly depressing gang of horrible bellends except for Gordon as his highlights in his hair mesmerise me and make me spend a large part of my day thinking was that haircut done as a joke or is it genuinely the style/colour he wanted

West Ham's midfielders are far superior to ours, which takes pressure off their defence.

Newcastle signed Guimaraes who has been excellent, and unearthed a random midfield gem in Joelinton. Again, their CM energy helped them cope with having 4 at the back.

Brentford's amazing resurgence happened to coincide with them signing one of the best playmakers the league has ever seen. You seem to have overlooked that.

Arsenal have far better players than us.

Leicester have far better midfielders than us.

Palace had Gallagher in their CM last season and a very energetic forward line.

Wolves had an upturn in fortunes after switching to a 5. Chelsea won the league after doing so under Conte.

We have crap players and have had a succession of crap managers. If we struggle, I highly doubt it'll be down to the formation.
I think you are doing us down about West Ham and Newcastles overall squad against ours.

You are putting Palace good season down to just Gallagher? Who may I add wont fit at Everton in a 2 man midfield, he is more of an 8 in a 3 or a 10 which we don`t play with.

Wolves have played 5 at the back since the season before they were promoted to the Premier League, Lage is now binning it off because he can see how limited it is.

Chelsea did win 1 PL with 5 at the back, the only time in the history of the top division in England this has been done. That was back in 2017, who was the poster that wouldn`t accept looking back at the season before last and you are looking back 5 years.

You missed my point, we were a top half team before last season so why not again? We can be but play a system which is more suitable....

Today is today and tomorrow is tomorrow and the day after is Saturday which means that's in 2 days.

Next week is next week, that'll come and go and then we'll be into the following week and I'll be another week older and had far too many cups of teas and spent far too long looking at YT links of players we ain't going to sign.

Give me Chris Wood for 6m and be done with it Everton you shower of hourly depressing gang of horrible bellends except for Gordon as his highlights in his hair mesmerise me and make me spend a large part of my day thinking was that haircut done as a joke or is it genuinely the style/colour he wanted
It will all happen with forwards on deadline day and it's way too late. It reeks of Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.