Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lad, I want Kenwright gone and the board. I want us winning games.

You kept banging on about trusting Lampard and Thelwell. But aren't doing that at all. All you bang on about is losing and formations. The formations were fine the last 2 games, but because of the freak injury to DCL, we have no striker. If he had been fit for the last 2 games, I am confident we would have either 2 but more likely 4 points.

They weren't counting on DCL getting injured and were looking for a back up striker. Unfortunately it happened and they now need another more quickly, which ramps prices up. They are working on it, trust them.

It is negative when every post is about losing and the formations because you don't happen to like the formation. Either trust in Lampard and Thelwell like you said many times, or don't, but that's the formation they want.

I don't trust them. I think there is reason why people would prefer to see actions rather than hear words at this point. We have lost 2 winnable games due to abysmal forward options and are about to go into another game with no movement. It's too late now for them to get any credit, they've failed this summer to back the manager properly.

What relevance do seasons from 6+ years ago have to anything?
1) semantics - 'always' infers time immemorial which 6 years ago is a part of.

2) what relevance does any year prior to Lampard and Thelwell signing up have to anything?

or do we only discount what doesnt support the opinion that we're up the creek?

The board have done a great job on people, Kim Jong-Un would be proud.
I don't believe the board and anything they say for a second.

I'm backing Lampard and Thewell to do the best with what they are given, and they have so far, with no thanks to the board. Like I've said, a freak injury to DCL has cost us and the board have then failed in backing Kev and Frank to bring someone in quickly, by seemingly not providing the cash until they sell someone.

I want the board gone. Think they have failed us massively especially with richie and like Gordon. But this is about thelwell and lampard, who have seemingly done some good business so far and are clearly working on the forwards, of which there is very little movement anywhere yet.

I very much disagree that Thelwell has done a good job so far. He has left us short going into the season and we’ve thrown a potentially valuable set of points down the drain. Don’t care about what’s going on elsewhere either, it has nothing to do with us and we should’ve had this sorted weeks ago.

I'm backing Lampard and Thewell to do the best with what they are given, and they have so far, with no thanks to the board. Like I've said, a freak injury to DCL has cost us and the board have then failed in backing Kev and Frank to bring someone in quickly, by seemingly not providing the cash until they sell someone.

We bought McNeil for absolutely no reason 3 weeks ago when the push should’ve been for a striker/wide forward who scores goals from the day Richarlison was sold.

Lad, I want Kenwright gone and the board. I want us winning games.

You kept banging on about trusting Lampard and Thelwell. But aren't doing that at all. All you bang on about is losing and formations. The formations were fine the last 2 games, but because of the freak injury to DCL, we have no striker. If he had been fit for the last 2 games, I am confident we would have either 2 but more likely 4 points.

They weren't counting on DCL getting injured and were looking for a back up striker. Unfortunately it happened and they now need another more quickly, which ramps prices up. They are working on it, trust them.

It is negative when every post is about losing and the formations because you don't happen to like the formation. Either trust in Lampard and Thelwell like you said many times, or don't, but that's the formation they want.
I disagree the formations were fine, against Chelsea we kept the score down but that was probably more to do with Chelsea that us. Had they played the way they played against Spurs who are a much better team than us they would have taken us to the cleaners....

Against Villa we were awful bar the last 10 minutes, the best 10 minutes of football we have seen this season playing 4-2-3-1.

I`m all for Lampard and Thelwell, I think everything they have said and done so far is better than good, the only downside is this formation unless we can add world class players to make it work like Chelsea and Spurs which I cant see happening, so to that end we need to get points to stay up.

Genuine question, at what point would you become concerned? 3 winless games, 5, 8, 10? I`ve seen what I need to see in the two games AND, AND the 8 or so games last season to tell me this isn`t going to work, many more people are of the same opinion, are they all negative?

I'm backing Lampard because I wanted him from day 1, I think he's the right choice and he kept us up.

I don't know how much power Thelwell has right now but I don't see how anyone can say he has done a good job. We've failed to sign a forward and tried to replace Richarlison with a couple of defenders on the cheap and a non-goal scoring left midfielder. I can only judge him so far on what has happened and I think our recruitment has been beyond poor, and all over the place.

I disagree the formations were fine, against Chelsea we kept the score down but that was probably more to do with Chelsea that us. Had they played the way they played against Spurs who are a much better team than us they would have taken us to the cleaners....

Against Villa we were awful bar the last 10 minutes, the best 10 minutes of football we have seen this season playing 4-2-3-1.

I`m all for Lampard and Thelwell, I think everything they have said and done so far is better than good, the only downside is this formation unless we can add world class players to make it work like Chelsea and Spurs which I cant see happening, so to that end we need to get points to stay up.

Genuine question, at what point would you become concerned? 3 winless games, 5, 8, 10? I`ve seen what I need to see in the two games AND, AND the 8 or so games last season to tell me this isn`t going to work, many more people are of the same opinion, are they all negative?
Yes.

Some people just really hate a back 3 and want us to play like City and Liverpool by using 433, despite us not having the world class players to make it work.

Yes.

Some people just really hate a back 3 and want us to play like City and Liverpool by using 433, despite us not having the world class players to make it work.

Spurs Chelsea and everyone’s favourite Brighton all regularly use a back 3. Wolves used it very well under NES for a period. The formation isn’t the issue, we just haven’t had the players to execute any tactical plan other than sitting deep and hitting balls over the top for Richarlison and DCL to run after. We can’t just keep reverting to this every time we get a result we don’t want because we’ll never move the club forward.

If Thelwell and Lampard are putting in place players to allow us to play differently then I’ll take a bit of short term pain.

Spurs Chelsea and everyone’s favourite Brighton all regularly use a back 3. Wolves used it very well under NES for a period. The formation isn’t the issue, we just haven’t had the players to execute any tactical plan other than sitting deep and hitting balls over the top for Richarlison and DCL to run after. We can’t just keep reverting to this every time we get a result we don’t want because we’ll never move the club forward.

If Thelwell and Lampard are putting in place players to allow us to play differently then I’ll take a bit of short term pain.
We aint going to do anything till we get players who can create and score goals.

I know I keep going on, but Gordon and Iwobi got so much praise last season, for simply running, neither created or scoring anything all season and here we are, going into a new season with the same 2 players expected to create and score goals.

We could sign Mbappe this window and we would still struggle.

Or best creative players are currently Michael Keane and Tarks.

Everybody is rightly focusing on our lack of Striker, meanwhile we are adding Gana to a midfield who couldnt find the goal with a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.