Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m loving this tbh, Thelwell is draining the swamp, GOT is on fire, fake twitter ITKs spouting guff everywhere, the season is just continuing as an after thought. Are people not entertained?
1660817579316.png

NO ITS ALL SO UPSETTING

Whats upsetting ? Its not ideal, but it's football not real life. I firmly believe the human race is part of a massive simulation, Everton are just the AI messing with the overall programme. Somewhere we are essentially just a rogue save in an endless game of Sims and Football Manager.

The constant negativity is boring though. As you said only a few weeks ago, trust them to do it. It's 2 games in and we have had 2 freak injuries. They are working it out.
That’s just as boring though isn’t it? We’ve heard it every year for as long as I can remember - ‘stop bed wetting, we’ve done good business, it takes time they’re, doing everything they can, blah blah’ then every year we slip a little further down the table.

That’s just as boring though isn’t it? We’ve heard it every year for as long as I can remember - ‘stop bed wetting, we’ve done good business, it takes time they’re, doing everything they can, blah blah’ then every year we slip a little further down the table.

My personal opinion is that anyone still going around calling people bed wetters for not being positive, should get an instant ban lol

Its not negativity, that word gets thrown around way to easily these days, as is the word toxic. Its not negative to have concerns that the road we are going down isn`t working, 100% losing record this season with some very hard fixtures coming up. Narrowly avoided relegation with our best player out of the door and another on his way and we could get to the international break with no wins in our 1st 6 games. I suppose you`d be made up with that, I bet you are the sort of person that claps Kenwright every game for the sterling work he is doing.

As I said recruitment has been good but then you see we are heavily linked to Maupay and Adams whilst we are still without a striker on Saturday with none looking likely till the end of the window, they will appear panic buys because it will be whoever is available.

It is possible to be critical without wanting the manager sacked, I cant get around your mentality, don`t agree they must be negative or the fanbase is toxic because we have differing opinions... GTF
Lad, I want Kenwright gone and the board. I want us winning games.

You kept banging on about trusting Lampard and Thelwell. But aren't doing that at all. All you bang on about is losing and formations. The formations were fine the last 2 games, but because of the freak injury to DCL, we have no striker. If he had been fit for the last 2 games, I am confident we would have either 2 but more likely 4 points.

They weren't counting on DCL getting injured and were looking for a back up striker. Unfortunately it happened and they now need another more quickly, which ramps prices up. They are working on it, trust them.

It is negative when every post is about losing and the formations because you don't happen to like the formation. Either trust in Lampard and Thelwell like you said many times, or don't, but that's the formation they want.

Yeah I saw bits of him at Lyon and liked him. He was seen as one of their brightest prospects but then for whatever reason couldn't really get going and was sold to Rennes where he had a decent first season after they sold Raphinha and then was brilliant last year.

I wouldn't say he's creative as such (albeit he created more chances in Ligue 1 alone last year than any of our players did in all competitions combined), but he has a real eye for goal and his positioning is his main asset, as well as a brilliant turn of pace. He loves a shot at goal if he gets space anywhere from about 25 yards out.

Can sometimes look awkward on the ball because his stature but he's good in the air, got a good leap on him and a brilliant shot. I think some of his finishing can be poor at times but if he's played in a left channel where he can influence the game from he's a hell of a talent.

If Gordon left he'd be an instant upgrade and would actually cover Gordon/Richarlison in one player.

But by no means tied to it, I'm sure there's plenty of players the club have watched. We just know from reports they like this lad a lot too.
He looks decent. Given that he is an instant upgrade on Gordon, and seemingly cheaper, lets just hope that Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle and the rest don't find out about him.

Playing 5-2-3 you aren`t going to naturally get creativity through the middle as they will be more defensive minded holding the shape of the team unless it is 2 players of genuine genuine quality which we don`t have or we can`t afford. In a 3 man midfield, which it is plainly clear we aren`t going to play, you can have players breaking in to the box and causing the opposing teams issues. We don`t have that with a 2 man midfield, it isn`t down to personnel it is the system.

I accept that mate - though i think we will switch it up more then people think.

In that scenario - you are targeting inside forwards for guile and creativity - i found it curious that we have sounded out Sarr - a player i like though a caveat would be his injury record.

So you'd be looking at Flash (hopefully) on the left & Sarr on the right, that doesn't look to Shabby to me in terms of creativity and threat - to me anyway, im guessing that might be the plan, with a solidity in behind. While also adding another striker.

That leaves a big McNeill question, i wonder will he come inside - i really need to be convinced on him and i hope i am.

It just every post is a load of jarg stats about playing 5 at the back. He tells everyone to trust in lampard and thelwell and then slates the formation in every 2nd post.

The board have done a great job on people, Kim Jong-Un would be proud.

every year...

apart from 2017... when we went from 11th to 7th

oh and loads of other years prior to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.