2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could just look at the real PL site:

He's not saying he's crap (I think), he's saying he doesn't contribute enough goals/assists to justify turning down a big fee.
You can go back to any given point in the history of talented footballers in their prime and say they weren't contributing much at that time.

Players develop and improve and AG has done that exponentially. Why is this so hard for some to understand? I could understand the low output criticism if he were 26/27 but he's 21 and had one season ffs.

You can go back to any given point in the history of talented footballers in their prime and say they weren't contributing much at that time.

Players develop and improve and AG has done that exponentially. Why is this so hard for some to understand? I could understand the low output criticism if he were 26/27 but he's 21 and had one season ffs.
You can also go back to any player ever who doesn't make the cut. There is no guarantee he will develop and improve his output. A chance, sure, but enough of a chance to turn down 50m this window? When we have arguably the worst attack in the league? Not for me.

Subjective though isn’t it, I mean it’s the direct contribution of a goal scored - presuming the penalty taker scores.

As we know he should have had more of those as well, not given.
It's really not that subjective, most people count assists the same way so that the data is actually useful.

Earning penalties is a different stat you can count and I'd argue that earning a couple a season doesn't push him up too much higher than where he's at without looking at that.

Ok Chelsea… £50m and Gilmour

(Anyone saying ‘last season Gilmour…’ needs to look at Gordon’s loan at Preston in 2021 and explain how he turned into a 50m+ player in one season from not being good enough for Preston & why that doesn’t apply to Gilmour WRT Norwich)

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.