Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
All out at this point is around 50million.

50million for a player who has scored 6 Premier League goals, in over 60 games.

That would be quite the gamble.
Yeah but he is a striker. And that's all anyone wants. A striker. Whether they fit into the plans or not. Whether they are number 40 down the list. Just a striker. Just sign any striker so they can shout about how we bought a striker.

And then when they are crap and sit on the bench for 5 years on big wages, they can complain that lampard and Kev didn't wait a bit longer to get the number 1 target and wasted money.

I’ve learnt that we always make crap panic signings on deadline day and never bring in a long term target.

Hi mate, please permit me to assist; he's saying that it has already happened, thus, lessons not learned from past events.
It's hardly Interstellar.

This is the duo of Thelwell + Lampard's first window.

…lets not get ahead of ourselves, we nearly got relegated so the priority is safeguarding this season.

Id rather the management undergo a Krypton factor level of analysis on incoming players while negotiating the fees down...

...rather than have the Tosun - Walcott level of tomfoolery.

Player contracts can be 5 years.

Would you prefer to rush into a deal and have them here for 5 years or make sure you have enough time to give yourself the best chance to bring in quality?

I think its sensible to wait even if its until the end of the window.

…..the priority is to stay in this division, i’m not sure why the ’quality’ players we want are only available late in the window. It’s a risky strategy if the players we are sitting on our hands for don’t become available or go elsewhere.

i wonder if this is nothing to do with waiting for the right players, but more about us not being able to get player's in until players leave. In the meantime, we are a top flight team in the richest league in the world without a striker.

…..the priority is to stay in this division, i’m not sure why the ’quality’ players we want are only available late in the window. It’s a risky strategy if the players we are sitting on our hands for don’t become available or go elsewhere.

i wonder if this is nothing to do with waiting for the right players, but more about us not being able to get player's in until players leave.
I think its the nature of the transfer window.

Clubs like Chelsea can just keep bidding till teams say yes, but clubs like Everton have to be more prudent, sadly.

Not making excuses, at all.

This is the duo of Thelwell + Lampard's first window.

Id rather the management undergo a Krypton factor level of analysis on incoming players while negotiating the fees down...

...rather than have the Tosun - Walcott level of tomfoolery.

And yet here we are, scrambling around at the end of the window while Premier League points are disappearing into the ether like we are every other year. Good players don’t suddenly become available at the end of the window. Only other teams’ dregs become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.