2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge him when he has the tools he needs at his disposal.

We're playing with Rondon up top.

Get some perspective.
I think it's fair to note the over domineering wings that almost exclusively look to goal, is in part based on a lack of a central threat. But beyond that both Gray and Gordon basically start their runs mid pitch and pray to beat their man for room. Currently that is 2/3rds our offense tactically. Overlaps, build up, consistent patterns of play are non existent. It's almost 1v1 every time in possession. Everyone else, maybe even our best creator in Iwobi are expected to do things ancillary or off of those two (despite him often feeding them their best chances). On our oppositions build up today I'd argue that wasn't the case.

Maybe some of that is relieved with a better central threat, but it isn't as if AG or DG have shown an acumen in supplying others removed. Its just to say Im left confused in what Lampard is instilling or adding from the median besides interpersonal positives in the group and possibly recruitment. That might make it worth it at the moment, but tactically he's being consistently outshone by his matchday opposition regardless of the result.

Last edited:

We haven't got the midfielders to do anything else currently. Once Gueye (or another of similar level) comes in, then we may be able to. But they are trying to get onana fit and up to speed and the rest are garbage.

Onana could have come in the middle with Davies as the pivot between Onana and Iwobi

The walrus ain't gonna shag you mate.

Lampards missing 4 first teamers already.

The fatman would've relegated us.

We're still in this league because of Lampard.

My point is - either both were let down by injuries, recruitment etc or both did/are doing bad jobs.

Some like to build a narrative that the former was the devil and the latter our savior when the cold hard facts of results suggest they have done pretty much the same level of job here.

Do you honestly think Goodison would've been like that with Benitez here?

I'd stopped going to the games because of the fat slob.

Not enough credit is given to Frank for uniting the fanbase.
I'll agree that he did well talking about the club and rallying people. But no other PL fans think he's any good. Can you honestly say there's any PL manager that would do worse than him?

My point is - either both were let down by injuries, recruitment etc or both did/are doing bad jobs.

Some like to build a narrative that the former was the devil and the latter our savior when the cold hard facts of results suggest they have done pretty much the same level of job here.
For a large part of the fan base he was the devil.

I'll agree that he did well talking about the club and rallying people. But no other PL fans think he's any good. Can you honestly say there's any PL manager that would do worse than him?
The Villa boss doesn't have a particularly good record. And he has spent a fortune to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.