2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is - either both were let down by injuries, recruitment etc or both did/are doing bad jobs.

Some like to build a narrative that the former was the devil and the latter our savior when the cold hard facts of results suggest they have done pretty much the same level of job here.
The atmosphere was poisonous as soon as the fat man got here.

To turn that around at the point that Lampard did is commendable.

With Benitez he was only ever going to fail. Even though the "we can't just keep sacking managers brigade" had anointed him as the one we should stick with.

The guy we need to give time to is Lampard.

The first 3 games we've not played particularly poorly and with DCL I reckon we're sitting here with 7 points. Can't blame the manager for Everton being Everton really.

Benitez was never going to make it because as soon as something went wrong it was his fault and it would've shielded and made excuses for the players. I'm guilty of that. But he was Rafael Benitez so the sloth deserved it.

My point is - either both were let down by injuries, recruitment etc or both did/are doing bad jobs.

Some like to build a narrative that the former was the devil and the latter our savior when the cold hard facts of results suggest they have done pretty much the same level of job here.

….not seeing Lampard cause conflict in the dressing room, conflict with FF staff & conflict with the Board. I’m critical of Lampard’s team management but he’s at least got folk in the club pulling in the same direction.

As a coach, despite his failings, I still believe he’s better than Benitez.

Never forget what a disruptive and objectionable person Benitez was, he is not half the man Lampard is.

It was all brands fault when benitez was here according to you. Your agenda is obvious.
Hold on, wasn't Benitez the rogue in selling Digne?

Lampard has the say so here. Bottom line. He's not much of a manager if he gets dictated to by the club on incomings and outgoings.

I want FL to do well here. But I wont ignore that he needs to do a lot more than this.

His main problem is that this 3 4 3 ultimately always ends up being 5 2 3 and our midfield ends up getting overrun in games. Surprised he didn’t change it into a 4 at the back midway through second half today.

The atmosphere was poisonous as soon as the fat man got here.

To turn that around at the point that Lampard did is commendable.

With Benitez he was only ever going to fail. Even though the "we can't just keep sacking managers brigade" had anointed him as the one we should stick with.

The guy we need to give time to is Lampard.

The first 3 games we've not played particularly poorly and with DCL I reckon we're sitting here with 7 points. Can't blame the manager for Everton being Everton really.

Benitez was never going to make it because as soon as something went wrong it was his fault and it would've shielded and made excuses for the players. I'm guilty of that. But he was Rafael Benitez so the sloth deserved it.
I agree. We need to give Lampard time and get the players in he needs.

If there was two teams I would have liked to have played to get our season up and running it would have been Forest at Goodison and Villa away under an awful Gerrard who cannot buy a home win. And we still serve up what we have.

For a large part of the fan base he was the devil.

I judge a manager by results.

End of the day mate it isn't a popularity contest.

Benitez got the bullet because ultimately results weren't coming in, Lampard is slowly heading down the same path and needs to turn it around.

Yes he needs a CF, but he also needs to start cutting out the same mistakes thats costing us points.

I'll agree that he did well talking about the club and rallying people. But no other PL fans think he's any good. Can you honestly say there's any PL manager that would do worse than him?
I don't give a flying what other Premier league fans think, they're all poisoned by a kopite media who are still dealing with the hangover of us actually staying up.

And yeah, lesser managers don't keep us up last year.

I'm not saying he's Ancelotti btw.

We're a team who almost, and probably should've, got relegated last year.

He is good enough for where we are and he's learning his trade. He can only grow as a manager.

I judge a manager by results.

End of the day mate it isn't a popularity contest.

Benitez got the bullet because ultimately results weren't coming in, Lampard is slowly heading down the same path and needs to turn it around.

Yes he needs a CF, but he also needs to start cutting out the same mistakes thats costing us points.

No you don’t, because you think Benitez was unfairly treated despite having us 16th in January after 1 win in 14.

Ssssssssssssssssss.

Status
Not open for further replies.