2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Walker loss percentage is 53%, Franks 54%

Draw percentage. Walker 28% Franks 13%

Win percentage. Walker 19% Franks 33%

Walkers no lose percentage is 47% Franks 46%, Walkers was also over a period of 8 games more than Frank, it`d be interesting to do this comparison in 8 games if Frank is still the manager.
so in 100 games, Lampard would get 112 points (33 wins, 13 draws) and Walker gets 85 points (19 wins, 28 draws)

May be worth reconsidering your rather rash statement that Lampard is our worst manager ever

Two defeats and scraping a draw at home to a promoted team. It's been a poor start to the season. No one in their right mind would want to manage this club, so hopefully Frank can keep us up.

We badly need that striker though, because we could be in for another tough old season otherwise. It is what is really. Frank really does have his work cut out, sorting this basket case of a club out!

Mike Walker loss percentage is 53%, Franks 54%

Draw percentage. Walker 28% Franks 13%

Win percentage. Walker 19% Franks 33%

Walkers no lose percentage is 47% Franks 46%, Walkers was also over a period of 8 games more than Frank, it`d be interesting to do this comparison in 8 games if Frank is still the manager.

See how Arsenal are top of the league?

Remember when a lot of people thought Arteta was a joke and should have been sacked?

Does that ring any bells?

Then he was given time to rebuild the squad...

...now look at Lampard who already saved the club from relegation and got the players and (most) fans behind him.

He's done well with defence and midfield and now needs to work on the forward line without his star striker.

You're unfavourably comparing him to Mike Walker.

Do you not see how daft you look?

Two defeats and scraping a draw at home to a promoted team. It's been a poor start to the season. No one in their right mind would want to manage this club, so hopefully Frank can keep us up.

We badly need that striker though, because we could be in for another tough old season otherwise. It is what is really. Frank really does have his work cut out, sorting this basket case of a club out!

to be fair. Newly promoted teams are difficult to defeat normally at the start of the season. Not to mention Nott Forrest has splurge 100mil on players. And they defeated West Ham in their last game.

We cannot rely on DCL and Rondon as our only strikers. FL wants 2 strikers and I think this is a known fact. FL knows what he wants and what the team needs - it is actually our Board that is the issue for not getting things done quick enough. I hope FL able to keep the team together and start getting wins.

to be fair. Newly promoted teams are difficult to defeat normally at the start of the season. Not to mention Nott Forrest has splurge 100mil on players. And they defeated West Ham in their last game.

We cannot rely on DCL and Rondon as our only strikers. FL wants 2 strikers and I think this is a known fact. FL knows what he wants and what the team needs - it is actually our Board that is the issue for not getting things done quick enough. I hope FL able to keep the team together and start getting wins.
I said a few days ago, that Frank can only do as good a job as circumstances will allow. The board knew for months that Richy was most likely leaving.

They've had plenty of time to get a replacement striker sorted out. This has already cost us points, that hopefully won't prove to be costly at the end of the season!

If he can't organise a team to be able to keep a clean sheet in any match, can't see how he survives. Even with DCL or another striker, we still won't have the quality to be a high scoring team.

I like Frank as much as the next fan and want him to succeed, but if results don't improve soon I can't see how he is still Manager when the team come down here to tour in November.

Bottom 3 from the opening round and no sign of when the first win is coming is alarm bells.
My point had nothing to do with being high scoring. It was explaining why its more difficult to keep a clean sheet when you don't have a striker.

Fella needs to grow a backbone. He's taking all of the board's flak when he should be deflecting it back to them as they're the ones who will ensure we get relegated yet it'll be his reputation that will ultimately be destroyed. Him saying nobody could have predicted DCL's injury being the reason we haven't signed a striker was the final straw for me.

Remember when a lot of people thought Arteta was a joke and should have been sacked?

...now look at Lampard who already saved the club from relegation and got the players and (most) fans behind him.

He's done well with defence and midfield and now needs to work on the forward line without his star striker.

…of course Lampard needs to be given time.

i do think the comparisons with Arteta are a little wide of the mark, Arsenal were never under the threat of relegation so the pressure was more about them getting into the top 4. Also, Arteta had a lengthy apprenticeship working under Guardiola at City.

Perhaps the more accurate comparison would be Kendall’s first spell when the team seemed to be going nowhere before the famous Kevin Brock incident.

The cards are stacked against Lampard because he inherited a mess on and off the pitch & his hands are tied because of financial constraints. He’s learning on the job and his short-term aim is mid-table stability. If he comes through this it’ll be an achievement in itself.

It's not worth your time mate. He hates lampard and whinges daily about the formation, throwing lots of percentages about to prove his point. The system has been fine, but without a striker it doesn't work (same as any system).

We could have had points against Chelsea and villa as well as winning yesterday if we had someone available that could actually finish. (Davies and Gordon both could have had goals yesterday etc).

Fair play to Arsenal sticking with him tbh.they also backed him fully on some pretty big calls like getting shut of Abaum.

Will Lampard be the guy who can finally turn this mess around, I honestly don't know, but believe we should fully back him come what may and at least see this season.

The fact we’re in this mess is absolutely not his fault, but for balance I think it’s important we remember that he doesn’t just get a free pass because of that. He is going to have to find a way to win games and pick up points, and like any manager he’ll be judged on whether he manages to do that. I really hope he can.

…of course Lampard needs to be given time.

i do think the comparisons with Arteta are a little wide of the mark, Arsenal were never under the threat of relegation so the pressure was more about them getting into the top 4. Also, Arteta had a lengthy apprenticeship working under Guardiola at City.

Perhaps the more accurate comparison would be Kendall’s first spell when the team seemed to be going nowhere before the famous Kevin Brock incident.

The cards are stacked against Lampard because he inherited a mess on and off the pitch & his hands are tied because of financial constraints. He’s learning on the job and his short-term aim is mid-table stability. If he comes through this it’ll be an achievement in itself.

If he turns us around he'll have earned his spurs big time imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.