2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact we’re in this mess is absolutely not his fault, but for balance I think it’s important we remember that he doesn’t just get a free pass because of that. He is going to have to find a way to win games and pick up points, and like any manager he’ll be judged on whether he manages to do that. I really hope he can.

I think it's literally one shot we have at this now mate, he'll either prove himself big time or he'll fail and we will bring someone in who'll continue the downward spiral - genuinely think if he does fail then we'll go down under the next bloke

See how Arsenal are top of the league?

Remember when a lot of people thought Arteta was a joke and should have been sacked?

Does that ring any bells?

Then he was given time to rebuild the squad...

...now look at Lampard who already saved the club from relegation and got the players and (most) fans behind him.

He's done well with defence and midfield and now needs to work on the forward line without his star striker.

You're unfavourably comparing him to Mike Walker.

Do you not see how daft you look?
This point last season Arsenal where bottom of the league

Pretty damn sure Vinagre would have caused them more problems than Mykolenko. Same with Dele up top instead of McNeil.
Dele was never ever gonna play yesterday mate (can argue why he was in the bench but that's a different discussion altogether).

And yeah can see the point about Vin I'm guessing wanted to keep the shape at the back the same as there main outlet was Johnson who was that side.

Dele was never ever gonna play yesterday mate (can argue why he was in the bench but that's a different discussion altogether).

And yeah can see the point about Vin I'm guessing wanted to keep the shape at the back the same as there main outlet was Johnson who was that side.

Johnson did nothing all game except the goal. Their wing-back was carded we should have abused that. Not saying our bench is class but their were options and if you don’t try things you’re not winning games.

No striker. Where's the striker? Judge him when we have a striker.

How about a clean sheet?

He's not a defensive coach. Get Big Sam back if that's what you want. We'd have wins on the board if he was backed with a striker before the season.

Just watched the highlights back

Only further strengthened my view that Gordan and Grey are too selfish. If they get to the edge of the box their only view is MUST SHOOT

When there's more often than not the final little slip ball through to put someone 5 yards closer with a better chance of shooting and scoring

They don't ever play it, I would hate to play with them if I was a striker

Do you want him gone?
No, I want him backed to do his job,
If wouldn't blame him if he walked through if we don't get some players in as he will be on a hiding to nothing.
Like I said don't know what he got the job here for in the first place , but he deserves at least a chance to make a go of it.
He is inexperienced at this level in management and needs a bit of time to learn.
He will have my backing, it's more deep rooted problems whose at this club than him that need sorting out, if he went they would still be here.
Look at the board.
The most unsuccessful chairman in are top flight history .
A woman who , main claim to fame is running a charity, nothing at all football/ business wise to say she should be at the top table.
A former player, whose last job in football was getting sacked by Oldam in the bottom rungs of the leagues about twenty years a go.
And an owner , who still hasn't caught on his money has been spent by people not remotely competent to do it at a top level club.

He needed a small break even from the constant air of crisis surrounding the club, we all did. But hasn't got it and have to hope we get some more signings in the door. I think it will be a deadline day rush now though.

It seems like another long, hard slog ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.