Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest : 3pm KO : Saturday 20th August 2022

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we were the better side and would have been a travesty to lose it. They had spell in the second half around the time of the goal but that is it. First half we gifted them the chances they had, mainly through some play by Tarkowski

There doesn't seem to be much point in us winning corners at the moment as we don't do anything with them. Gray always seems to manage to either hit the first defender, play it straight to the keeper or go over everyone and out for a throw. As for McNeils effort which hit the side netting :rant:

I know everyone wants to feel all doom and gloom but I think we played pretty well yesterday. We created many chances but just didn’t have anyone competent to stick them away.

We are so desperate for quality in the final third which we all know bit that is what will make or break us this season.

I know everyone wants to feel all doom and gloom but I think we played pretty well yesterday. We created many chances but just didn’t have anyone competent to stick them away.

We are so desperate for quality in the final third which we all know bit that is what will make or break us this season.

Did we really create many chances.. admittedly I only saw the highlights. But what other big chances did we create bar the Gordon one from a Forest error at the end.

Thought we were the better side and would have been a travesty to lose it. They had spell in the second half around the time of the goal but that is it. First half we gifted them the chances they had, mainly through some play by Tarkowski
Spot on mate. Thought exactly the same.
Also Franks subs killed us to a degree. I know players with match fitness etc need to be subbed but when the subs came on there was no proper defensive midfielder when Davis went off ( thought he was really good yesterday surprisingly)
Rondon for all his lack of ability done a good job. Again him going off gave the advantage to them as the ball wasn’t sticking up to
Still should have won though.
Three players and we can sort this but the board I have no confidence in

Did we really create many chances.. admittedly I only saw the highlights. But what other big chances did we create bar the Gordon one from a Forest error at the end.
The difference in comments from those at the ground and those relying on media and TV is immense.
We had plenty of chances and would have had plenty more if the final killer pass had been executed. There was a thirty seconds cameo of football ping-pong in their area towards the end that may not have been shown as a for instance.
I'm astounded that Forest fans and other outlets suggest that they deserved the three points. Never in a million!

With a better striker we would have collected 3 points I think.

Bit of a strange feeling about this match, obviously we are all frustrated with the lack of options up front but did we really play bad?

Glad to have the first point on the board though, things should only get better.

MOTM to Mr Iwobi again, becoming a habit, keep up the good work ;)

I'm pro Frank but, I feel both substitutions were mistakes. Rondon and Davies were playing well enough to stay on, maybe Rondon was exhausted!

We play wing backs who don't get forward. it seems pointless to play that formation. I don't recall mykolenko putting a single cross in yesterday. He was really disappointing and I wouldn't be surprised if vinagre becomes our regular left back.

Our front 3 aren't good enough. The wouldn't score 10 between them if they started every game this season. Gray was the only one who showed anything. I don't think I've ever seen a player give up the ball so easily as much as Gordon.

Edit: and Davies is an attrocious footballer. Wasted so much in the first half and should've been hooked at half time. McNeill not much better second half. Both of them had an opportunity to play a through ball when we had promising attacks and both massively under hit them. Now that I remember it, Davies had one in the first half as well and massively overhit it.

That's what's killing us. We have a decent team, being hamstrung by some utter dross.
Gray makes my nerves very thin. This season started as last finished, he is so desperate to nick that goal, you can already know what he will do. Shoot. Where ever he is, or wherever his teammates are. It's pretty annoying. Though, goal was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.