2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think either are, but we are better Saturday if we're starting Trossard.
I'm staggered that anybody could make an argument for starboy Tony Gordon being better than Belgian international Trossard. Tross is an incredibly gifted player who would improve any squad in the league, and walk into many starting XIs.

If we're talking potential, yes of course, he's miles younger whereas Tross is at his peak. That's literally the only argument that could be had for choosing to buy Gordon over him, but right here and now, Gordon isn't fit to lace Tross' boots and all non-biased Everton fans would agree.

I'm staggered that anybody could make an argument for starboy Tony Gordon being better than Belgian international Trossard. Tross is an incredibly gifted player who would improve any squad in the league, and walk into many starting XIs.

If we're talking potential, yes of course, he's miles younger whereas Tross is at his peak. That's literally the only argument that could be had for choosing to buy Gordon over him, but right here and now, Gordon isn't fit to lace Tross' boots and all non-biased Everton fans would agree.

Well again it's not true.
The Chelsea recruitment team arent Everton fans, but they prefer Gordon. There's a reason for that.
There are multiple reasons why Gordon is superior, but we don't need to waste time making them, because the impartial experts have given you the answer.
There's a reason why nobody would ever pay 45m for Trossard.

The Chelsea recruitment team arent Everton fans, but they prefer Gordon. There's a reason for that.
There are multiple reasons why Gordon is superior, but we don't need to waste time making them, because the impartial experts have given you the answer.
The fact he's young and English are two big factors

It's a natural skill, but can be improved. Gordon's shots are already better than last year.

As for that chances, he had 2/3 options, had Henderson not rushed out he would have taken the right one. One of them.
Henderson did what any decent goalie would do, then Gordon chose the wrong option - trying to lob a keeper who was already nearly on top of him was never on!

The pros who work in football thought Harry Macquire was worth 80m, Grealish worth 100m, Siggy worth 40m, Fred 50m, Sancho 85m, Kepa 80m, Havertz 79m
Exactly, the ones who make the market, not football forum bedroom experts. I am not saying that I think the current valuations are reasonable or ethical, it is just what it is. The board will no doubt have benchmarked his value against Grealish and Sancho as young English talents.

I imagine, having lost Richie mudst add pressure to his game. Richie was the talisman and the player we expected to do things, without him, that expectation falls to a 21 year old, with no forward to speak of and no creative midfielder to work with. I know a lot of our fans think that young footballers are paid enough to put up with pressure but it does not work like that in real life.

The sooner we get a couple of decent players around him the sooner he can go back to enjoying his football again.

Why do I feel this statement is tempting fate?

"Well, we paid 28m for Bolassie and with inflation that actually seems a fair price. Sign up him Kevin"

"Sure thing Farhad".

Status
Not open for further replies.