Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe this is what we can come up with - Tarkowski and Maupay. We really do look like a Championship side these days.

Of course, some of you are happy because Maupay is a ‘snide’ but I want good players at Everton again, not Neil ‘Not good enough for Brighton but good enough for Everton’ Maupay.

Jesus wept. The standards at this football club are in the mud. From Lukaku and Richyson to Rondon and Maupay.

I can’t believe this is what we can come up with - Tarkowski and Maupay. We really do look like a Championship side these days.

Of course, some of you are happy because Maupay is a ‘snide’ but I want good players at Everton again, not Neil ‘Not good enough for Brighton but good enough for Everton’ Maupay.

Jesus wept. The standards at this football club are in the mud. From Lukaku and Richyson to Rondon and Maupay.
Why isn’t he good enough for Brighton ?

Is he?

He's a very very decent mid table premier League striker.

Our other option is a fat mess who looked so far out of his depth against a struggling league one side.
Yes, he’s better than Rondon. But so are me and you.

We do this every season. “Oh but he’s better than what we have”. Yeah, from a 4/10 to a 5/10.

We’re in deep trouble and I can’t believe how our fans suck it up, each and every year.

This makes horrific reading. Keane our 3rd highest goalscorer, GS didn’t even play last season. Yet people complain about us signing Maupay.

0CC1E0D5-1BB2-4ABB-8C7D-069D6B46EA0F.jpeg

Right, firstly no one is over the moon with this signing - some are just trying to have a day off being relentlessly negative.

Secondly, who exactly do you think it's a realistic striker we could bring in with:

a.) Our budget
b.) Our current offer (no European football, a diminishing wage bill, highly unstable managerial situations fan protests etc)

I think you need to manage your expectations better instead of crying 'Jesus wept'.

Yes, he’s better than Rondon. But so are me and you.

We do this every season. “Oh but he’s better than what we have”. Yeah, from a 4/10 to a 5/10.

We’re in deep trouble and I can’t believe how our fans suck it up, each and every year.
A bit of realism is needed mate. We have just stayed in the prem by the skin of our teeth because our team is [Poor language removed].

We've had strength in key areas so far and although we still need more ins, maupey gives us an option upfront and might look like scoring a goal, something we haven't for 4 games straight

Status
Not open for further replies.