Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww jeez this
Ok Iheanacho 2 months younger.

Here's there stats

Iheanacho played 125 scored 25
Maupay played 102 scored 26

Iheanacho has once in the last 6 seasons scored more than 5, Maupay has hut 8+ three in a row.

Looking at stats outside of scoring and Maupay wipes the floor with him on every defensive and pressing metric

Crossed mind mind. Sell Gordon and it only leaves McNeil, Gray and Townsend who are average players who can be used off the bench. Just need a Goalscoring midfielder to add in. The below is not great but probably keeps us up. Short of Skill but plenty of energy and character

Picks
Holgate Coady Tarks

Patts Gana Iwobi Vinegar
Gallagher
Dominic Calvert-Lewin Maupay
Think id prefer Myko LCB and throw Holgate on the bench

Maupay has lead the line for three years in PL competing and physically annoying CB despite only being 1.72 metres tall and often being isolated. He’s high energy, mobile, brave and never hides. He obviously is not top class but nor is he a donkey. He is also the grand old age of 26 years 1 week. Ancient!

Great a signing with no resale value.
Driving the club to the ground.
I much rathe me we sign someone 20 to 23 max so that we can cash out later.

The club did terrible mistakes in the pass signing older players like sig haven’t they learned anything?
Take everything out of it for the moment. We’re signing a 26 year old for a maximum of £15m because he’s in the last year of his contract, looking at the market now do you genuinely not believe that he will only ever be worth a peak of £15m?

We were literally quoted a £25m price for Che Adams, who is also 26 and has a comparable, if not worse record than Maupay.

He would have to flop very badly to not be worth what we paid for him.

Maupay plays the same position as Richarlison and has very similar qualities. Skilful, hard-working, snide, and a handful. Roughly the same age as well.
Has similar stats too, premier proven and good injury record. Not on my preferred shortlist but not unhappy either. His style of play will get the crowd going.

Now I've talked myself into it I'll be gutted if it doesn't happen. lol

Maupay has lead the line for three years in PL competing and physically annoying CB despite only being 1.72 metres tall and often being isolated. He’s high energy, mobile, brave and never hides. He obviously is not top class but nor is he a donkey. He is also the grand old age of 26 years 1 week. Ancient!
Poor man’s Tevez. Cult hero potential

Status
Not open for further replies.