Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder if we aren't building towards Thelwell's favored 3-5-2. Selling off wingers and replacing them with different types of forwards that compliment each other. Been linked with midfielders when we currently have about 8 and only play with 2.

All speculation obviously.

Crossed mind mind. Sell Gordon and it only leaves McNeil, Gray and Townsend who are average players who can be used off the bench. Just need a Goalscoring midfielder to add in. The below is not great but probably keeps us up. Short of Skill but plenty of energy and character

Picks
Holgate Coady Tarks

Patts Gana Iwobi Vinegar
Gallagher
DCL Maupay

Crossed mind mind. Sell Gordon and it only leaves McNeil, Gray and Townsend who are average players who can be used off the bench. Just need a Goalscoring midfielder to add in. The below is not great but probably keeps us up. Short of Skill but plenty of energy and character

Picks
Holgate Coady Tarks

Patts Gana Iwobi Vinegar
Gallagher
Dominic Calvert-Lewin Maupay
No Onana :rolleyes:

Picks
Holgate Coady Tarks

Patts Gana Iwobi Vinegar
Gallagher
Dominic Calvert-Lewin Maupay
This is very close to what I was thinking: you only go out and go for two forwards if Chelsea have said no on Broja, and going to the 352 makes a lot of sense if instead they've said yes on Gallagher.

This is feeling more and more like a game of monopoly where all the other players are buying houses and hotels and we're left holding only the deeds to the Old Kent Road.......

Great a signing with no resale value.
Driving the club to the ground.
I much rathe me we sign someone 20 to 23 max so that we can cash out later.

The club did terrible mistakes in the pass signing older players like sig haven’t they learned anything?
He's literally just turned 26 last week. Not 36. I can understand people questioning his signing based on ability. But not this.

Maupay is better than people think, works hard, good technique is a nuisance, has experience, can hit the ground running. Quite Naismith-esque, we finished sixteenth we weren't going to get a prolific striker to play in rotation or off the wings. I hope we bring another forward in with searing pace too mind you.

Great a signing with no resale value.
Driving the club to the ground.
I much rathe me we sign someone 20 to 23 max so that we can cash out later.

The club did terrible mistakes in the pass signing older players like sig haven’t they learned anything?
Bwahahahaha.

20 to 23 year old strikers usually score very few goals unless you can spend a fortune on them.

This is an unexceptional but solid signing. We don’t have the money for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.