Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wouldn’t have to pay that much for Brereton Diaz. He only has a year left on his contract and he ain’t signing a new one.
Yeah, you'd think 10 with some add-ons would do it. 17.5 for a championship player with 1 year on his contract would be wild, so I suspect it's nonsense.

So if Maupay gets sorted, we have the following so far for the summer:

Outs
Richarlison
Dele
Gbamin
Nkounkou
* various youngsters loaned out and those whose contracts expired

Ins
Tarkowski
Coady
Vinagre
Onana
McNeil
Maupay

Also looks like we may still be in for Brereton Diaz, Gana, and/or Garner. And maybe Kudus?

Maybe Gomes and Allan outgoing also.

So if we finish with Brereton Diaz and at least one or two of those other three in, I'd say the team overall would be improved enough to avoid a relegation fight. Assuming we get anything decent from Dom over the course of the season, it looks like a very solid mid-table team to me.

Now, if we also were to sell Gordon and then get in some combination of 2-3 players like Broja / Gallagher / some other high-level signing that would otherwise have been out of reach, then maybe we could even push a little higher?

Seems like we're headed in the right direction generally, at least.
Kudus would be the important one to land from that lot in my opinion. We still lack a little creativity and he would bring bucket loads judging by good old YouTube....

(Plus he must be able to take a set piece, surely?!)

True but it's weird to say but hes a decent panic buy, consistently scores around ten goals a season, mobile and can play anywhere up front vastly superior to Rondon. Like if he was our main striker I'd want someone more prolific but as a someone who can play in a front 2 or further back hes perfect
Haven't got a problem with the signing if thelwell and lampard have identified him why are we now in talks 3 possibly 4 games into the season

That really is the biggest load of nonsense and self satisfying tripe I've read. The club are in the position they're in because of mismanagement over a number of years. Brighton reject? He actually refused to sign the new contract they offered. Championship striker amazing statement. Just who do you think we should be going for with our limited funds? No don't bother answering it'll be just as much nonsense as that you've just wrote. Iheanacho absolute comedy gold.
Maupay is a Championship calibre striker. Brighton created countless chances in recent seasons yet he couldn't even bag double figures in either of the last two seasons. Their Xg was off the scale only to be let down by inadequate strikers like...yep you guessed it Maupay. Iheanacho would be an ideal striker to bring in for the reasons I stated. You don't rate a centre forward who played for Man City and left the club for a better chance at first team football and went onto win silverware at Leicester then that's up to you.

I take it Lampard will be changing the system again as Maupay isn't a striker that can be played up top on his own.

Well I can't imagine Maupay was in Lampard's top 5 choices as a striker. He has been messed about by the board and in reality the ambiguity surrounding FFP is ridiculous and how other teams (Utd) are able to spunk their junk on cr@p (See Harry Maguire for £80+ million) year in year out over the past decade yet they are encouraging to fill their boots and spend more. Then there's little old us having to wheel and deal, wait around for all the dominoes to land before making important moves.

To top it off we could end up with a Brighton reject. Comedy. We should be trying to nab someone like Iheanacho. Someone else on here suggested him and he fits the bill. Proven premier league experience, he scored 9 goals in 9 games a few years back when he had a run in the team. Bit of pace, he can hold it up, play on his own or in a two and do a job out wide if necessary. Yet some people on here seem happy with a bang average Championship quality striker because he's a prize A pr1ck. Hilarious.

Ok Iheanacho 2 months younger.

Here's there stats

Iheanacho played 125 scored 25
Maupay played 102 scored 26

Iheanacho has once in the last 6 seasons scored more than 5, Maupay has hut 8+ three in a row.

Looking at stats outside of scoring and Maupay wipes the floor with him on every defensive and pressing metric

Gana, Kudus, Brereton, Maupay + AG staying would be sound. If we can shift Gomes + Allan on top of Dele + Gbamin then it's even better.

It's defo enough to keep us in the league. Would've loved Joao Pedro but he's crocked sadly and Chelsea aren't letting Broja go. Rather keep starboy anyway.

It's solid and more balanced than last season.

Maupay plays the same position as Richarlison and has very similar qualities. Skilful, hard-working, snide, and a handful. Roughly the same age as well.
Very similar as you say!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220825-223747.webp
    Screenshot_20220825-223747.webp
    67.1 KB · Views: 182
Maupay is a Championship calibre striker. Brighton created countless chances in recent seasons yet he couldn't even bag double figures in either of the last two seasons. Their Xg was off the scale only to be let down by inadequate strikers like...yep you guessed it Maupay. Iheanacho would be an ideal striker to bring in for the reasons I stated. You don't rate a centre forward who played for Man City and left the club for a better chance at first team football and went onto win silverware at Leicester then that's up to you.

I take it Lampard will be changing the system again as Maupay isn't a striker that can be played up top on his own.
Yeah, coupled with the fact we were also linked with Adams it suggests we want at least the option of 352, as either would work really well as a foil for Dom rather than just an alternative to. Would require a proper quality CAM to work but that could be where we direct a good chunk of the Gordon money or use a loan.

So if Maupay gets sorted, we have the following so far for the summer:

Outs
Richarlison
Dele
Gbamin
Nkounkou
* various youngsters loaned out and those whose contracts expired

Ins
Tarkowski
Coady
Vinagre
Onana
McNeil
Maupay

Also looks like we may still be in for Brereton Diaz, Gana, and/or Garner. And maybe Kudus?

Maybe Gomes and Allan outgoing also.

So if we finish with Brereton Diaz and at least one or two of those other three in, I'd say the team overall would be improved enough to avoid a relegation fight. Assuming we get anything decent from Dom over the course of the season, it looks like a very solid mid-table team to me.

Now, if we also were to sell Gordon and then get in some combination of 2-3 players like Broja / Gallagher / some other high-level signing that would otherwise have been out of reach, then maybe we could even push a little higher?

Seems like we're headed in the right direction generally, at least.
Yep…down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back